Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    What they are explaining in that forum, you do know they dont do any of that when rebuilding your pump? That is a completely different service. What i am trying to get at is when they use the term blueprint its a fancy term for rebuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by 99UltraTX View Post
    Can anyone here explain it?
    with the ultra pump the wearing has a taper,i guess some times theres more clearance on one side of it,so they shim it up to even it out,they say theres a difference,but idk. if there gonna rebuild the pump & do all that for 200.00, I say go for it.it seems pretty cheap to me.

one more thing group K will do,is make sure your new prop is the right pitch,theres a write up where they were doing testing with two same ski's that happen to be ultra's or stxr's, one was slower, but they were the same,finally they checked out prop & found one the pitch off.so they check all props before they leave there.

Quote Originally Posted by kartracer View Post
    one more thing group K will do,is make sure your new prop is the right pitch,theres a write up where they were doing testing with two same ski's that happen to be ultra's or stxr's, one was slower, but they were the same,finally they checked out prop & found one the pitch off.so they check all props before they leave there.
    Quote Originally Posted by kartracer View Post
    with the ultra pump the wearing has a taper,i guess some times theres more clearance on one side of it,so they shim it up to even it out,they say theres a difference,but idk. if there gonna rebuild the pump & do all that for 200.00, I say go for it.it seems pretty cheap to me.
    Pump comes with 3 shims, its part of the rebuild.process. pretty simple, remove a shim until impeller hits housing then put one back.

Quote Originally Posted by turboman412 View Post
    Pump comes with 3 shims, its part of the rebuild.process. pretty simple, remove a shim until impeller hits housing then put one back.
    so every time you pull a pump from a ski there will be three shims????? for someone that has not or does not care to mess with shimming,groupk will do it all & all you do is put it in,seems pretty easy.

Yes a new pump has 3 shims, pull wear ring off and youll see them, its really simple if you can pull a pump you can set the wear ring up. These are the shims im talking about.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190920_215154.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	453997

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information