Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BMist371 View Post
    Makes me want some aftermarket valves for sure!
    Me too.
    Let’s just hope the new motor will have some sort of upgraded valves, or I fear, this could happen again. If nothings changed on the new motor, I may be buying a set of valves to put in after its back...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    Mine dropped the middle cylinder valve, Will know more hopefully later this week when they pull the head, to see if itís isolated to the intake valves, or something else
    God damn. You dropped valves too????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    God damn. You dropped valves too????
    Yup, 42 hrs on the clock, middle cyl, flatwater River cruising at 7700 rpm when it stalled and wouldn’t restart. Let it sit a few minutes, then tried again, and the motor locked up

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    Me too.
    Let’s just hope the new motor will have some sort of upgraded valves, or I fear, this could happen again. If nothings changed on the new motor, I may be buying a set of valves to put in after its back...
    your ski a 2018 or 2019?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wave15stx View Post
    your ski a 2018 or 2019?
    19’

are 2018's having the issue, then they changed a part number for a 2019 and it's still having an issue? or did it start with the 2019's? anyone know the root cause for it and a definite fix? i really like the new st3 hull livability features, stability and rear swim area, modularity etc. but damn if seadoo doesn't overcomplicate their designs. i think the ibr still isn't reliable and it really should have been figured out at this point and drastically simplified.

it's like they are too proud of their creation to change what needs to be changed to fix it. K.I.S.S.

+1
    Exhaust valve? Weird the SC 300 is dropping intakes unless their just garbage. Time to call ferrea again

2019 - 25 Hours RXT-X

Recall on the coolant clamp - Fixed (Overheated and figured out why real fast... was 500 feet from my dealership/marina at the time luckily, 45 mins later good to go)
    Recall on the Intake Grate bolts - Fixed (they said they checked and they were fine)

Got it's 20 hour service/winterization and some small tweaks and going into storage tomorrow...
    I wish it was nicer for longer.

Buddy got a GP1800R same time.
    He's had broken his handlebars (plastic part)
    Broken the front compartment (flip up hatch latch broke, popped open and he lost his cell phone and wallet in the drink)
    He's got a lot of cavataion at the end of the season (25 hours also) now and they just told him his prop is damaged and he needs a new one. (100% his fault I assume)
    He's also had issues with his hull being scratched to shit from the trailer, and from beaching it. (I have beached it the same as him, and have the same trailer and my hull has no visible marks)

Not sure to be honest. So far I am very nervous about all the issues the Doo's are supposed to have, but I still love my ski so much more than his.
    He also loves his ski more than mine... though he will admit it's a better ride and it's faster (I have SCOM he is bone stock). Also he loves the music and is now looking for aftermarket ones for his ski.

I have a 5 year warranty on my ski, so I just plan on staying on top of it and making sure that anything that goes wrong gets taken care of.
    I have a feeling by the end of next year I am going to have more of an opinion about it... given that it's going to prob have 60+ hours on it by then.
    But fingers crossed!

72 Hours,

No issues other than carbon ring fix. My dealership also tightened my grips at 30 hours, been rock solid since.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff24680 View Post
    72 Hours,

No issues other than carbon ring fix. My dealership also tightened my grips at 30 hours, been rock solid since.

Did your ring go bad? Ski sink or was slowly taking on water?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information