Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BLASTER 1 View Post
    The intercooler seemed more efficient and the oil was cooler with no gio. The tune must be close to spot on in all rpm ranges
    Just read this in another thread. I already have the pump strainer going to the Fizzle, with it exiting out the side of the ski, and the stock feed line going to the anode. Everything on the exhaust side of the ski is still stock. I'm beginning to wonder if I even need the Pro kit now after reading all of this.

just a shot in the dark...small crack in I/C. when it warms up it opens up and when it cools back down seals up. I had that problem with a road tractor I/C. it would lose boost when it warm up under load, and would run ok when it cooled back down.
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 09-15-2019 at 06:16 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BLASTER 1 View Post
    The intercooler seemed more efficient and the oil was cooler with no gio. The tune must be close to spot on in all rpm ranges
    Quote Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
    Just read this in another thread. I already have the pump strainer going to the Fizzle, with it exiting out the side of the ski, and the stock feed line going to the anode. Everything on the exhaust side of the ski is still stock. I'm beginning to wonder if I even need the Pro kit now after reading all of this.
    In my opinion you don’t, but what I did is open up the T under the exhaust to let more water to the oil cooler and cylinder block. Like I said in a couple posts before I’m going to experiment with the worx cooling plate. My 2 and 3 cylinders run much hotter than the 1 and 4. And the 4 has the anode line going to it

+1
    A quick update....I installed a different tune, and although I was able to go WOT for a couple of seconds, it still lost power and started running rough. It's the craziest thing I have ever seen. Hopefully I can take the exhaust off this week to check for leaks. but you would think I would be able to see a leak rather quickly.

+1
    You need to be checking fuel pressure.
    If the pump is weak it could be failing you at higher RPM.
    Put a test gauge on it!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane1000 View Post
    You need to be checking fuel pressure.
    If the pump is weak it could be failing you at higher RPM.
    Put a test gauge on it!
    I have a fuel pressure regulator. And my air fuel numbers are fine--actually a little rich. So I would assume my fuel pressure is fine.

A quick update....I installed a different tune, and although I was able to go WOT for a couple of seconds, it still lost power and started running rough. It's the craziest thing I have ever seen. Hopefully I can take the exhaust off this week to check for leaks. but you would think I would be able to see a leak rather quickly.
    Hey. Please post your findings. As i am battling a similar problem Fzs. Builds boost and pulls hard til about 8100rpm. Then falls on its face. Let off thrott then it will pull hard again for a few seconds. Pop seat off engine seemed very hot. but no code or warnings. Some body mentioned they had same issue and the clutch was slipping slightly at full boost. Causing additional friction making it hot. But not enough to trigger warnings.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamafzs View Post
    Hey. Please post your findings. As i am battling a similar problem Fzs. Builds boost and pulls hard til about 8100rpm. Then falls on its face. Let off thrott then it will pull hard again for a few seconds. Pop seat off engine seemed very hot. but no code or warnings. Some body mentioned they had same issue and the clutch was slipping slightly at full boost. Causing additional friction making it hot. But not enough to trigger warnings.
    I don't believe that is my issue, as I just installed a new clutch. Does yours run rough after is loses power?

I don't believe that is my issue, as I just installed a new clutch. Does yours run rough after is loses power?
    Not completly sold on the clutch either. Mine has only 12hrs on it. No. Mine does not run rough after losing power.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamafzs View Post
    Not completly sold on the clutch either. Mine has only 12hrs on it. No. Mine does not run rough after losing power.
    Got an air fuel gauge?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information