Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    +1
    Do any of you guys running the Fizzle have a line running from the intercooler (from the out port-top connection) to the oil cooler?

+1
    I would try and check all the connectors you can get at and the map sensors line too. There is a ground block on the back of the motor to check also. Shutting off under load could be electrical as the coils and injectors produce the most load.

If the motor is really fat it could choke out too. But, it can shake and break up from misfiring also.

As for the old motor, my guess is that you pinched the ring lands. Unless you take the pistons out you do not know for sure.

What is the current situation? Can you log any data?

Robert

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rcrisafulli View Post
    I would try and check all the connectors you can get at and the map sensors line too. There is a ground block on the back of the motor to check also. Shutting off under load could be electrical as the coils and injectors produce the most load.

If the motor is really fat it could choke out too. But, it can shake and break up from misfiring also.

As for the old motor, my guess is that you pinched the ring lands. Unless you take the pistons out you do not know for sure.

What is the current situation? Can you log any data?

Robert
    Robert, when you say "check the ground block", what exactly are you referring to? What am I checking? As for logging, I do have the diagnostic cable for the Maptuner, but I'm not sure if that would allow us to see any data.

+1
    There is a engine ground earth plate on the rear of the motor. Goto to the oem parts finder on greenhulk to see a diagram. It bolts on. I do not think you have map data logger.

how is the ski running and what do the plugs look like?

Robert

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rcrisafulli View Post
    There is a engine ground earth plate on the rear of the motor. Goto to the oem parts finder on greenhulk to see a diagram. It bolts on. I do not think you have map data logger.

how is the ski running and what do the plugs look like?

Robert
    Yes, the new motor came with a new ground plate. So it's in place. The plugs look really good. I ordered the full Riva Pro cooling system today, and I am going to load a different tune. I will take it back out on Saturday.

Hi Outnumbered,

I was reading your thread with interest and it looks like most suggestions have been covered, and you are looking at the tunes as well which is good. But I recall another thread here where everyone was stumped. Its right out of left field but sinng you have had the motor out and lots of other work going on then this is worth checking.
    Exhuast leak - a small leak from the anywhere in the hull will cause the ski to misfire and stall after some runs, the exhaust gases in the hull affects the running. I think the guy eventually pulled the rear seat off and the Ski ran better or fine and then the smarties jumped on that it might be an exhaust leak.
    Just maybe something like and exhaust gaseket or a loose connection on your hoses is your porblem, if so then it should be quick to fix.

Thanks, please keep posting and I am sure other will chime in with their thoughts.

Dave

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spi200 View Post
    Exhuast leak - a small leak from the anywhere in the hull will cause the ski to misfire and stall after some runs, the exhaust gases in the hull affects the running. I think the guy eventually pulled the rear seat off and the Ski ran better or fine and then the smarties jumped on that it might be an exhaust leak.
    Remove the seats and do a test ride.

If there is an exhaust leak it will not bother the engine nearly as much with the seat removed. If it runs much better with seat off, that usually means there is an exhaust leak.
    Last edited by K447; 09-10-2019 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Remove the seats and do a test ride.

If there is an exhaust leak it will not bother the engine nearly as with the seat removed. If it runs much better with seat off, that usually means there is an exhaust leak.

I had this experience, ran fine without the seats. AFR will go really rich if you have an exhaust leak.

+1
    You know, you could be on to something here. When we first put the ski in the water (seats on), it would do this at at around 5300 rpm's. The second time I took it out, I removed the rear seat, and it did it at 7300. I will definitely have that looked at. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
    You know, you could be on to something here. When we first put the ski in the water (seats on), it would do this at at around 5300 rpm's. The second time I took it out, I removed the rear seat, and it did it at 7300. I will definitely have that looked at. Thanks guys.
    Hi Outnumbered,

Please report back your finding when you get a chance to get on the water, this may help others who end up in the same boat as you.

Cheers

Dave

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information