Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

18 fx svho vs 19 fx svho

So after ongoing issues with my 2012 fx sho, mainly gas in oil, I decided to let it go and got a new leftover 18 fx svho. Now my question is... Am I the only one that finds the styling of the 18 fx svho more appealing than the 19?? I was looking at both side by side at the dealer, and besides the $$ incentive on the 18 I was just more drawn esthetically to the 18....besides I did not want to own a first generation product... Been there done that with my 2018 mustang GT... Also I wasn't sure how that touch screen will perform in the long run...
    Is there anyone, besides myself, that actually finds the 18 fx svho more appealing when it come to esthetics than the 19?

I bought a good used 16 fx svho over a 19 fx and glad I did. enjoy ur new ski

Your not alone the 19s are fugly

I thought I was the only one that thought so... I'm glad I'm not... Only nice thing I like on the 19 is the new style hydroturf, however my buddy says for stand up riding the older style absorbs the shock under your feet better as it much thicker...

+1
    The pre 19's are faster as well and handle the chop and top speed way better.

Really? What makes them faster? The hull design? Dealer was saying that the 19s handle the chop better.. Liars lol however I read somewhere that the 19 is a wetter ride....?

+1
    The 19s are a significant improvement over the 18s with one major flaw. The handling is significantly better. If you were to ride each, you would easily forget about how less sexy you think they are.

The flaw? The fuel filler and the tank level indicator.

8. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
    The 19s are a significant improvement over the 18s with one major flaw. The handling is significantly better. If you were to ride each, you would easily forget about how less sexy you think they are.

The flaw? The fuel filler and the tank level indicator.
    agree to disagree...

+1
    I bought a 2019 FX SVHO cruiser for my wife this summer. I did not ride it alot but did get some riding in under heavy chop and glass water. My other skis are 2016 FX SVHO cruisers.

First, you sit much lower in the 2019. The 2019 cruises very well and it very quite. Now, I do think you get wetter in the chop no matter what the trim setting is. It did feel looser at speed also.

My skis are topped off all the time, so I can not comment on the gas gauge but I am not thrilled people are having issues.

Whether you like it or not this is the new platform so get used to it. Both are nice looking skis but the blue and white 2019 gets lots of comments.

I am planning on doing a few safety related mods, like ride plate and intake grate. This will keep the ski hooked up better. Not looking to go any faster.

Anyone put sponsons on? I think these could help stability also.

Robert

+1
    After owning a 2018 FX SVHO Cruiser and riding several 2019 FX SVHO (Both similar mods), my choice would be the 2018 FX SVHO. You cant just say one is better than the other. It depends on what type of riding you will be doing. Both do well in the chop.

For anyone that prefers a drier ride, more comfortable ride, more cruising style ride, then the 2018 FX is better.

For anyone that prefers a lighter, more nimble and sporty feel but don't want the GP1800 and don't mind getting wet a lot, then the 2019 would be the way to go. If you plan to modify it to go faster, then it requires handling mods otherwise it can be a squirrely ride at top speed above 75mph. The other quirk of the 2019 FX is that the gas consumption seems to be a lot more. Last time out a friend hit the buzzer before my SeaDoo GTX 300 did which should have (and has in the past) have been the other way around considering SeaDoo has smaller tank.

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information