Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    Does the new 2019 carve better than the older body style? I have a 2016 fx svho and looking at buying another leftover 19 red/white.

Quote Originally Posted by battsy View Post
    Does the new 2019 carve better than the older body style? I have a 2016 fx svho and looking at buying another leftover 19 red/white.
    I put the riva sponsons on my 16 fx and it made a a big difference in the way it handled. with stock sponsons it would slid through a turn with the riva sponsons it'll bit hard and hang in a turn. for the mods I have I would never want a 19 fx.
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 09-09-2019 at 07:18 PM.

3. +1 by:

+1
    I bought a 2018 FXHO for my wife last year. I'm glad she likes it because I liked the handling of my 2013 VXR better which isn't even as good 2015+ VXRs. When it was said the 2019 FXs turned and handled so much better, I went for a 2109 FXHO instead of a 2018 because I was looking for a better rough water ride and wanted the handling. The 2018 and 2019 are so much different and yes, the 2019s do turn and handle much better. Turning seems like the ski is more on a rail than sliding through the turn. The turn feels more natural too because the ski will lean and you lean over with it in a turn as if on a motorcycle. Even my wife noticed the difference and wants to trade. The only two drawbacks are most say the 2019 is a wetter ride but I'd say about the same when it comes to rough water. Second, if you decide to modify, members have said over 73mph and it gets a little loose. Members have posted Riva's ride plate or Jim's cut plate takes care of that. The SVHO does have a top loader intake grate.

+1
    The 19 FX SVHO carves much better than the older style FX I used to have. The 19 feels lighter and leans into the turns where as the older FX feels big, stays more upright turning and does not turn as well. On the winding creek where I ride this ski is way more fun to ride than my previous FX with a 17lb ET wheel.
    The 19 also handles the chop as good or better than the older style but it does need an aftermarket ride plate.

6. +1 by:

+1
    What kind of speed and rpms are you running on your 2019? I am thinking of buying a 19 and taking my riva intercooler and a few other mods off of my 16 and let the kids and wife have that one, then mod the 19. I am looking for better handling because there is always chop where I ride. The gp1800 I dont think will cut through as well as the longer fx. I do love my 16 fx svho hitting around 84mph at 8800 rpms.

What kind of speed and rpms are you running on your 2019? I am thinking of buying a 19 and taking my riva intercooler and a few other mods off of my 16 and let the kids and wife have that one, then mod the 19. I am looking for better handling because there is always chop where I ride. The gp1800 I dont think will cut through as well as the longer fx. I do love my 16 fx svho hitting around 84mph at 8800 rpms.
    84mph? That is one fast yammi... Well mine is hibernating till next season, summers are short up here in the in the great white north didn't even get a chance to get it out once since I got it..... It looks fast sitting in the garage though lol

9. +1 by:

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hemisto View Post
    ... up here in the in the great white north ...
    Where are you located?

Click on My Profile in top right corner of the web site. You can add your location

Southern Ontario will have a one day return to summer weather on Wednesday. I plan to be on the water tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information