Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Anybody Have A Blown 1500 Crankcase & Crank To Sell?

I'm going to start working on a new project, putting a Kawi 1500 in a boat. Member Ultra 15F suggested finding a bad case/crankshaft to use for a pattern to build the engine mount. (Much easier than using the entire engine).

If you have an old case and/or crank laying around, send me a PM please!

Thanks!

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Pm sent

Sean

+1
    Got it, thanks!

+1
    A few years ago, I bought a complete 15F, minus the hull, from a guy in CT. He built a wooden lobster boat with the 15F motor and pump. Because keeping the boat at a mooring caused a lot of maintenance issues, he switched to an outboard.

The unfortunate part is that he cut up a brand new hull to get the pump tunnel. Wish I met him before he did that. I would have given him a good pump tunnel from a ratty hull.

+1
    I’m amazed this thread hasn’t been moved lol. Seems like every other post nowadays gets moved that’s not specifically “performance related” .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuhpw View Post
    I’m amazed this thread hasn’t been moved lol. Seems like every other post nowadays gets moved that’s not specifically “performance related” .
    Well, I thought about posting it in the 'For Sale' section, but I figured most people wouldn't look there to get rid of junk.

That said, it WILL be performance related, as I'm planning to put a pair of 1500s in my Yamaha boat--an increase of 100 HP! However, I guess that would qualify it for the 'Conversion' section.

I've had two responses to this, so I think I've found what I need. Thanks, guys!

+1
    Plenty of crap in the Sea Doo performance section that never gets moved.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuhpw View Post
    Post in the correct section and it wont get moved. The section headings are there for a reason, I have been asked several times to help keep stuff organized because people don't read the headings.

Sean

+1
    Hey, Sean, you can move this if you want. Even delete it if you want.

I tried to send you a PM and it got kicked back saying that your mailbox was full.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Hey, Sean, you can move this if you want. Even delete it if you want.

I tried to send you a PM and it got kicked back saying that your mailbox was full.
    No worries Steve, it was a general comment rather than being directed at you, I know that the performance sections have the higher traffic numbers which is why people post there for everything. The problem is that the same questions get posted over and over with vague or unhelpful titles while actual performance is seldom discussed.

I tried to mitigate that by posting the troubleshooting guide but it seems like most of the posts recently don't even take the time to write a remotely descriptive title and include copious amounts of improper and unneeded punctuation. Like "help!!! Ski no workie" which makes it impossible to search later.

I will clear out my inbox.

To everyone else, if you have an opinion or issue with how I am doing things, do feel free to bring it up to the other mods or myself. This isn't my full time job and I am not paid to do it. I handle things the way I believe they should be handled having spent 11 odd years here contributing and learning. The wrong thing to do is to make passive aggressive comments in a thread to someone who helps keep the site running.

Sean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information