Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Please post up on the initial fit of the engine! I will dig around and see if i still have the bad stator case (I am 90% sure i tossed it tho).

+1
    No offense taken, Sean!

I used to moderate a website for the Yamaha boats and you just couldn't keep people happy. Spent hours and hours deleting spammers, etc.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Ya Steve, please do add a build thread when you do this. Also if you need something small/ship-able CNC plasma cut for your project let me know. I have a 4 x 8 table in my garage/shop that I built and got it up a running a few months ago. I have made some crazy stuff already and still learning. I even made backhoe bucket mount ears (5/8" thick).
    T.J.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Regarding posts in the "Performance" section, I think there might be some confusion regarding what the section is meant for. It could be a section to discuss performance improvements/mods. Or it could be a section to discuss performance issues/problems. I always thought there should be a "Troubleshooting" section for members to get help with problems. That title would certainly make the purpose of the section quite clear.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy_steven View Post
    Regarding posts in the "Performance" section, I think there might be some confusion regarding what the section is meant for. It could be a section to discuss performance improvements/mods. Or it could be a section to discuss performance issues/problems. I always thought there should be a "Troubleshooting" section for members to get help with problems. That title would certainly make the purpose of the section quite clear.
    I agree completely, the other mods are working out the logistics to add a troubleshooting section based on my request or to change the how to section to say troubleshooting. I don't have the ability to change that but have brought it up several times. The change has to happen in line with an update apparently.

Sean

+1
    I'm thinking there should be a Troubleshooting section in addition to the How-to section. The former would be for help in diagnosing a problem. The latter would be for discussing ways to do common repairs and maintenance... such as my post on one-man triple cylinder installation.

I'm sure other members have ideas on how to set up and label the sub-forums to help keep things well organized with minimal intervention by the moderators.

Shoot... now you'll have to move this thread again... to the Site News & Suggestions section.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Wow, that was a lot of responses! I really don’t mind if things get moved but I can honestly say I rarely check the other sections so if someone is looking for help the thread tends to die in those sections imho. I hope you didn’t take my comment as passive aggressive

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    No worries Steve, it was a general comment rather than being directed at you, I know that the performance sections have the higher traffic numbers which is why people post there for everything. The problem is that the same questions get posted over and over with vague or unhelpful titles while actual performance is seldom discussed.

I tried to mitigate that by posting the troubleshooting guide but it seems like most of the posts recently don't even take the time to write a remotely descriptive title and include copious amounts of improper and unneeded punctuation. Like "help!!! Ski no workie" which makes it impossible to search later.

I will clear out my inbox.

To everyone else, if you have an opinion or issue with how I am doing things, do feel free to bring it up to the other mods or myself. This isn't my full time job and I am not paid to do it. I handle things the way I believe they should be handled having spent 11 odd years here contributing and learning. The wrong thing to do is to make passive aggressive comments in a thread to someone who helps keep the site running.

Sean
    Your doing a great job Sean, THANK YOU , and keep it up . Your knowledge (along with the others) and perseverance around here does not go unnoticed. It's a pain in the butt, and a thankless job for the most part. No matter how many sections you have, people just don't want to follow the rules and post under the correct topic, IE, "How to" is for posting something that states how to fix, or modify, and not for asking about your problem.

Like this one, I would move to general, but that's just me.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=282303

I think a diagnostics, or trouble shooting topic would be a great addition.
    You guys have helped me out numerous times, and even straightened me out when needed. That's how we (or I) learn.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Well, I thought about posting it in the 'For Sale' section, but I figured most people wouldn't look there to get rid of junk.

That said, it WILL be performance related, as I'm planning to put a pair of 1500s in my Yamaha boat--an increase of 100 HP! However, I guess that would qualify it for the 'Conversion' section.

I've had two responses to this, so I think I've found what I need. Thanks, guys!
    Leave it to Steve !!! lmao. That will have everyone scratching their head. I'll be following this being a Kawi fan.

This thread will probably fall under several topics now.

+1
    Just out of curiosity Steve, and to give you a bump on your search for a mock motor...what are the dimensions from front to back on the 1500 motors in complete form? Not sure on the Exciters as I haven't had one come through my shop for work. But on my personal boat, LS2000, I only have like 31 inches from the front to back walls in the engine compartment. Factoring a loss of 4" or so for the driveshaft coupler/intermediate assembly and there just isn't much room for a 4 stroke...I measured a Yamaha MR1 motor and it definitely wouldn't fit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information