Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Oil pressure warning? 2005 gtx

Ski sat for a couple of years. Only 70 hours, new to me ski. Changed oil, looks clean, oil beep comes on. Are there two sensors on this or just one? Thinking to replace them.
    thx

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    two sensors

one under the intake manifold, a bit of a pain to get to, but doable
    the other on the front cover. you need a big box wrench to get that one off

start with the one under the manifold if money is an issue. if you still get it, then the front one.

be carful unclipping the sender wire under the manifold, the lock tab will be a bit brittle

Running a search for oil pressure sensor brings up the 420856533 I assume that’s correct and the more common one.. looks like the throttle body hose has to come off?

+1
    Easier to take the TB. off to get to it...

+1
    it's going to be tight, likely really tight on that ski if memory serves supercharged, right?. The throttle body hose from the blower has an otiker clamp if its never been apart and that's a one time deal. get a high quality clamp or replace it with oem. Specialty pliers required for oem.

Balance your skill level between removing the intake manifold for easy access ( that's quite a bit of tedious crap), or having very dexterous hands to deal with everything replacing the sensor involves working nearly blind in a tight sharp space.

I'm big fans of inspection cameras as for the moment, they are very inexpensive. maybe one will be more help then you imagine to find your way. under $40 amazon or take a chance dropping your cell phone under the engine plate

I'd suggest good quality sockets ( totally barfed on the size right now) and short swivel-ly extensions and a top quality ratchet and you'll spend about as much time either way, but removing the intake manifold does present more opportunity for errors. and doing it twice should provide some motivation to try getting the sensor out with the manifold in place

best of luck

I ll try a t clamp if I ruin the original thx for all the advice, I ll leave the tb in place.

+1
    You canít reuse those otiker clamps with any reliability unless your really in a pinch

Sorry you re right. I meant to say that I ll just replace it with a new t clamp. Probably next weekend at this point. Thx for the advice and pointers. It’s been a while since I was on this forum. Good help always.
    (Handshake)

+1
    If not mistaken a 13/16 is the size needed to take oil sensor out of side of engine. Make sure you get the correct color sensor as there are 2 and they do not interchange. You will need the black sensor. 2006 and up use the grey sensor.

Take off throttle body, much easier to get to sensor that way. Make sure the yellow seal ring is put back in as it sometimes stays stuck on sensor itself and gives false readings if not on.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sucks2bu View Post
    If not mistaken a 13/16 is the size needed to take oil sensor out of side of engine. Make sure you get the correct color sensor as there are 2 and they do not interchange. You will need the black sensor. 2006 and up use the grey sensor.

Take off throttle body, much easier to get to sensor that way. Make sure the yellow seal ring is put back in as it sometimes stays stuck on sensor itself and gives false readings if not on.
    +1 on colour of oil sensor under intake (throttle body) .. the black sensor is negative ground .. the grey one is positive ground (or visa versa) I got caught on that as the dealer gave me the wrong one...Made my own tool to remove the rear sensor ( under throttle body).. remove throttle body for easier access..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information