Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

2018 RXT Can throttle be put on the left & IBR on the right?

I rode with a guy who has MS this weekend & he has trouble controlling his right hand. He was asking me if the throttle & brake could be swapped. Anyone had one apart? Is it possible to do? Thanks...

I have been wondering the same thing. I think the throttle lever is too small.

+1
    highly doubt it. the handlebar design of the st3 is complete garbage and all the plastics are integrated. The only way to change anything is to change everything. This is why you have to buy the entire riva handlebar kit.

+1
    Could you not just switch the wires from right to left? May need to make jumpers but that seems to be easiest

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    Could you not just switch the wires from right to left? May need to make jumpers but that seems to be easiest
    Kind of what I was wondering.. I was thinking swap the switches & harness if possible, but I don't know what they even look like & don't feel comfortable doing exploratory surgery on this guy's new boat. I'm hoping someone some one here as been in one and can tell me if it's even worth trying..

You would need to modify the plastic levers for the hand controls, but it may be possible. Both control activators are fly by wire so you would have to remove and then rethread the wires.

I didn't like the one-fingered throttle so I used the Riva IBR lever for a throttle control. With a slight modification to the end of the lever I was able to use the IBR lever for the throttle. I assume you might also be able to use the throttle level on the IBR side.

If you're serious about attempting this, first remove the top of the handlebar cover and examine the controls on each side. You'll see they're similar. Swap the levers and see if the activators can be used on either side. You'll need to do some experimenting, but I think it may be possible with some slight modifications to the levers as long as the activators are swapable.

If it doesn't work out, you can put it back the way it was even if you have to buy another set of levers. They don't cost much.

7. +1 by:

+1
    The fastest and easiest way would be to swap them at the connector by the coolant tank as the ibr lever wires at least 1 or 2 go to the Ibr and the throttle goes to the throttle body so the fastest And easier way would be at that terminal.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    You would need to modify the plastic levers for the hand controls, but it may be possible. Both control activators are fly by wire so you would have to remove and then rethread the wires.

I didn't like the one-fingered throttle so I used the Riva IBR lever for a throttle control. With a slight modification to the end of the lever I was able to use the IBR lever for the throttle. I assume you might also be able to use the throttle level on the IBR side.

If you're serious about attempting this, first remove the top of the handlebar cover and examine the controls on each side. You'll see they're similar. Swap the levers and see if the activators can be used on either side. You'll need to do some experimenting, but I think it may be possible with some slight modifications to the levers as long as the activators are swapable.

If it doesn't work out, you can put it back the way it was even if you have to buy another set of levers. They don't cost much.
    Do both switches function the same? just different part #s for left / right ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Do both switches function the same? just different part #s for left / right ?
    Yes , in fact you could swap
    Them from L to R and they work the same but positions are inverted and backwards .

+1
    Thanks guys! I will contact him & see if he wants to go forward with this, fi he does I'll let you know how it works out..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information