Thread: Yamaha FX HO

+1

Yamaha FX HO

First off, I'm an avid rider and have had several skis in my life. I wrench on all my skis myself. With that said, I have the opportunity to purchase a 2008 Yamaha FX HO with trailer for $500. I believe the hours are in the 130 range. I've actually rode this last year and it was running fine and seemed like it was well taken care of. The problem is the owner let his son take the ski for the weekend and it came back with what we believe to be a crack block.

Can anyone give me some background on this model of ski ? Do they have motor issues or are they a pretty solid ski? Before I even invest in a new motor or rebuild this one I'd like to know more about any known issues and what I should be looking for. It has never been submerged.

Thanks for any help!

+1
    Well, the trailer and a few parts are worth $500. Can't lose! I just finished piecing one together on the cheap. So far, so good but we've only put 2.3 hours on it. Look in the build section for project "back in black". Through my research it seems there are many that never had issues and quite a few that threw rods and damaged or ruined the block. Luck of the draw, built on Friday,...who knows?

3. +1 by:

Thread Information