Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GTR vs. RXP hull difference ?

besides the 70 hp, what is the difference between the GTR and the RXP hull ??

+1
    Speaking very generally: The T3 hull of the RXP has a very aggressive “V”, especially at angle of entry.
    The GTR uses the GTI hull; more of a modified V design (it’s a bit flatter on the bottom overall) which lends itself to a bit more stability, making for a better “all around” type hull.

As You know from the Ultra’s; these modified (flatter) hulls lend a bit more speed with less hull in the water when on plane, while the deeper V’s tend to ride a bit better.

+1
    These two hulls couldn't be more different. The GTR bounces like mad and the RXP cuts through anything. I have the GTR-X and if the seat didn't have Ergolock (the standard GTR doesn't) it would be very hard to stay on it.

Thanks for the replies guys.... i'm looking for ride quality... i've been spoiled by ultras since 2007 and anything i ride these days that isn't an ultra feels like it bounces all over the place and beats me up... need to get my hands on an rxp x 300 dont like the looks of the rxt at all, with that hull, those seats and track system on the back.

+1
    ST3 hull,Can't beat the ride quality on the RXT.....try to ride both. If your anyware near central FL you can try mine...

6. +1 by:

+1
    The RXPX T3 is still awesome in rough water, the RXTX ST3 beats it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys.... i'm looking for ride quality... i've been spoiled by ultras since 2007 and anything i ride these days that isn't an ultra feels like it bounces all over the place and beats me up... need to get my hands on an rxp x 300 dont like the looks of the rxt at all, with that hull, those seats and track system on the back.

Why change from the Ultra since you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Bilford View Post
    Why change from the Ultra since you like it?

purchased 2 brand new 2019 ultra 310s,,, both were defective and purchased back from kawi and there is currently no fix for them,,, entire season was a bust, exploring other options for next season...

+1
    I'm partial to the T3 myself... But be forewarned, SeaDoo is really cranking out some shit quality control as of late! Stuff like loose coolant clamps, poor engine alignment, loose intake grate bolts, and then some.

Their hulls are very good though. I have a '19 Fxsvho sitting on the trailer and wish I would have bought another T3 instead.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    The RXPX T3 is still awesome in rough water, the RXTX ST3 beats it.
    Beats it in what respect? I have them both and ridden them back to back in every condition. IMO they are virtually equal capable in performance in rough chop. I find the Tx transmits way more energy into the rider. The front of the tx hull is just not as aggressive . Now the newer PXs since I think 2017 have a more aggressive grate that keeps it more hooked up. If you rode a px with an older style grate you would feel the px to be at a disadvantage in the chop. I ride my px a lot more than my tx.

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information