+1

05 rxt 02 sensor

i welded the bung in the top of the j pipe ,this was after drilling and tapping the exhaust manifold and finding a water passage.wired up and calibrated,went for my first ride getting 9 at idle and 10 at wot, came back lowered fuel presser went back out and an error code E8 came up,witch is sensor timing error [typically a damaged sensor] Jerry sent me a new sensor,calibrated,installed ,now i am at 10 at idle and 11 at wot ,lowered pressure to 45 psi now getting 11 at idle and 12 at wot, all test runs hit the rev limiter at 8150 the last run at only 3/4 throttle, came back pulled it out flushed the exhaust and gauge read E8 sooo the question is should i get more than 15 mins out of a o2 sensor?

+1
    Okay so after I got the AFR close I needed to drop the RPM some so I re-pitched my 13/19 prop to a 14/20, while I had the pump off I was reading about enlarging the restrictor putting a T in the water line and making a designated dump for the intercooler. I drilled it out to a 13/32" (10.3mm) and then drilled out a barbed fitting on the pump shoe to a 1/2 inch diameter, hooked up the 3/4 outlet hose from the intercooler then took it out for a test run. I hit 8050 with the overheating alarm going off, dropped it down to an idol. then the alarm stopped. I didn't feel any excess heat in the engine compartment. ran it up to 7500 RPM til the buzzer went off, checked the lake temperature which was 78 and the exhaust temp was 82 so it wasn't the exhaust getting hot it was the engine. First I changed the temperature sensor, ran it for about 20 min. at 6000 RPM's til the buzzer came on then at 5000 RPM"s and the over temp alarm didn't come on. So I must have done something wrong with the T, restrictor or designated dump? any idea's?

+1
    I get about a week of riding from an 02 sensor. Yours is obviously getting wet.

+1
    Iím thinking you may have a blockage in one of the cooling hoses
    Have you tried removing the thermostat?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fx160 View Post
    I’m thinking you may have a blockage in one of the cooling hoses
    Have you tried removing the thermostat?
    The thermostat was my first thought but I go back to it was running perfect before I drilled out the restrictor, installed the T plus designated dump for the intercooler. I think I might have to drill the restrictor a little bigger but I don't want to go too big.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rtarford View Post
    ran it up to 7500 RPM til the buzzer went off, checked the lake temperature which was 78 and the exhaust temp was 82 so it wasn't the exhaust getting hot it was the engine.
    Just an FYI, the “E” temp is not exhaust temperature, “E”stands for earth temp( outside air temp)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    Just an FYI, the “E” temp is not exhaust temperature, “E”stands for earth temp( outside air temp)
    well i had to look up what L temp was in the book. Obviously lake temp. at first i thought E temp was the engine temp but its not high enough to be the engine temp. so i just assumed it was the exhaust temp. i guess i shouldn't assume anything.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fx160 View Post
    i’m thinking you may have a blockage in one of the cooling hoses
    have you tried removing the thermostat?
    took thermostat out, put on the stove,in hot water, checked temp.with laser ,opened up fully at 163 deg

+1
    Has anyone installed a tee and dedicated dump on a 05 rxt ?

Thread Information