Thread: Fogging Oil

Fogging Oil

Hi Everyone! I bought a new 2019 Ultra 310x last Wednesday, and just took it out yesterday. The dealer sold me fogging oil, but the tube is too big to go in the hole. What brand would you guys recommend that fits? Thanks in advance.

Stabil makes fogging oil, Autozone, Advanced carry it. BTW, dealer did show you where the port is right? My dealer didn't tell me squat, was lucky I read up on the manual from the beginning. Dealer also didn't say anything about anti seize on the spark plugs either (they should have put that on the plugs before they delivered skis to me). That little omission turned into a huge nightmare about a year later when I went to change plugs (broke one off on each ski/no skis for 4 months).

+1
    Sherlock,

Congrats on the new ski. Use what you think is best or ask others that own the Kawi SC models what they have used. Some I’m sure with chime in, I personally use WD-40 on Gina’s 16 310R. It was recommend from a good friend of mines that raced for Kawasaki. 320+ hrs on Gina’s ski, intercooler was beautiful last time I pulled & serviced it around 175 or so hrs at that time.

Billy D

+1
    My dealer gave me a can of Kawasaki fogging oil when I bought my 310.

They dont make kawa-chem anymore,,,, it was great, thin and not gunky.... The stabil at autozone is good, nearly clear and not too gunky.

Hi Thanks all. Sorry I didn't respond sooner I don't really know how to use a forum. Yes, I did know where the port is. I had watched a YouTube video that showed it. I'll try the Stabil fogging oil from Advanced.

But on the fun side... I now have about 2 hours on the ski. I still haven't gotten brave enough to try the green key It has been a little rough here in New England. Especially since I had never rode a ski before. But I LOVE it. Coming from high performance cars, I CANNOT BELIEVE the acceleration of this thing. I hope I'll get a day before fall where there aren't 3-4 foot swells. I did get up to 37 but I was bouncing off waves! Which is actually quite docile... this thing just cuts through them. My back is a little sore, but I never felt out of control or scared. It slices and dices like a ginsu knife!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranofwaterfell View Post
    ...Dealer also didn't say anything about anti seize on the spark plugs either (they should have put that on the plugs before they delivered skis to me). That little omission turned into a huge nightmare about a year later when I went to change plugs (broke one off on each ski/no skis for 4 months).
    Not to sidetrack the thread (Congrats btw, OP!) but, I’ve now lost count of the posts where riders reports snapping these particular spark plugs - in these particular engines - IS THERE ANYTHING ONE CAN DO TO MINIMIZE THE RISK OF SNAPPING THESE NOTORIOUSLY THIN PLUGS?

- Loosen them while engine is still warm?

- liberally apply some penetrating oil down in cylinders a couple hours before going to loosen them?

im thinking there’s gotta be an old mechanics trick?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    ... on the fun side... I now have about 2 hours on the ski. I still haven't gotten brave enough to try the green key It has been a little rough here in New England. Especially since I had never rode a ski before. But I LOVE it. Coming from high performance cars, I CANNOT BELIEVE the acceleration of this thing. I hope I'll get a day before fall where there aren't 3-4 foot swells.

I did get up to 37 but I was bouncing off waves! Which is actually quite docile... this thing just cuts through them. My back is a little sore, but I never felt out of control or scared. It slices and dices like a ginsu knife!
    We generally ride standing up with flexed legs, unless the water is really smooth. And even then, often standing.

Standing allows the hull to dance while your upper body and head stays relatively stable. Especially as speed increases.

It might take a while to develop stamina in the flexed leg muscles but eventually rough water riding becomes much less abusive compared to sitting down the whole time. Body core strength exercises are also a good thing.

Varies with different hulls but standing while turning can also work well.

Both videos in the linked post below show us riding the Kawasaki Ultra 300
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2422130

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Not to sidetrack the thread (Congrats btw, OP!) but, I’ve now lost count of the posts where riders reports snapping these particular spark plugs - in these particular engines - IS THERE ANYTHING ONE CAN DO TO MINIMIZE THE RISK OF SNAPPING THESE NOTORIOUSLY THIN PLUGS?

- Loosen them while engine is still warm?

- liberally apply some penetrating oil down in cylinders a couple hours before going to loosen them?

im thinking there’s gotta be an old mechanics trick?
    I've had 7 ultras, changed the plugs in my 250 probably 8 times, my 300 4 x, 310 2x and took the plugs out of the 2 19's to put anti seize on them, so what, minimum of 16 times, not including fogging for winterizing... never had one single problem... just use some good anti seize,,, a little bit goes a long way, start several threads back and dont get it anywhere near the tip of the plug. never have a problem.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks, Chris! Fighting to get hours on the SXR before water temps get too cold to enjoy (let myself get distracted by other toys! but, I will “do a dab” of anti-seize upon pulling the factory installed plugs to fog the cylinders and then again when I put fresh plugs in next Spring!

(Your avatar is For The Win, btw!)

Thread Information