+1

Wake 230 big rpm difference between motors

In the beginning of last summer I had both pumps rebuilt ( wear ring and props) had both superchargers rebuilt and boat ran great all last summer and most of this season. The issue I am having now is the port side motor has a different of around 3-4k rpms between the starboard side. The boat takes off and planes but it has never been off by more then a 1000 rpms and seems like it keeps getting worst. I pulled the boat out of water today and while driving to the launch the left motor was at 7k rpms and the right was at 3k. After I got home I inspected prop and ring and I cannot see any damage or wear. Not sure what to diagnose next any help would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by nicknajor210 View Post
    In the beginning of last summer I had both pumps rebuilt ( wear ring and props) had both superchargers rebuilt and boat ran great all last summer and most of this season. The issue I am having now is the port side motor has a different of around 3-4k rpms between the starboard side. The boat takes off and planes but it has never been off by more then a 1000 rpms and seems like it keeps getting worst. I pulled the boat out of water today and while driving to the launch the left motor was at 7k rpms and the right was at 3k. After I got home I inspected prop and ring and I cannot see any damage or wear. Not sure what to diagnose next any help would be great.
    Start wth new plugs in low rpm motor.

Thread Information