Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    Your lack of reverse rev limit could be related, or could be unrelated. Check the little switch that’s on the reverse mechanism and also your IFB module (mushroom in the back of the ski) could be failing.

Typed out a reply and it never posted......

Ye Ol Salty Dog you are the winner! It was the throttle cable adjuster that was cracked. I just ended up cutting a piece of hard poly tube I had and wrapped it around the area then zip tied it all nice and secure. Seems to work perfect until I can figure out a more perm. fix.

I also found that the IFB Module has already been removed from my jetski and there is a jumper installed. This would explain why there is not reverse rpm limit correct? It was also explain why awhile back when i left my lanyard in the jetski over night it killed my battery.

This forum has been so helpful, I'm almost thinking i'm going to keep the jetski now since i'm learning so much about it. I'll just have to re-learn everything if I were to buy a seadoo because I know every jetski has it's problems.

Thanks again!!

+1
    Outstanding, glad you got it sorted out

Having no SIFB will cause you to lose reverse limit and will leave the ski powered as long as the lanyard is in, as you have observed.

Not only should you keep the ski, you should get another one (or a dozen like @Ye Ol Salty Dog)

+1
    That’s fantastic! You have a nice ski there man, I think I saw it on Craigslist (bilge pump gave it away). These skis are no less reliable than any from the big 3. Once you dial them in, they’re good for the long haul. If you have any issues, they’re generally pretty easy to work out. Having that IFB bypass in place, you’ve eliminated the most common failure point on that ski already.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information