2 more 310 with problems

so I have been in contact with 2 other Ultra 310 owners with the same problems i experienced on another outlet,,, along with 2 from this forum. 1 purchased a left over 2018 and the other a 2019. The 2018 has been to the dealer 5 times, changed the ecu and it was better but failed again, they changed the fuel pump and still is experiencing problems. The 2019 is also experiencing the same problems at 4k rpms... As of now i have been told there is NO fix for this problem and Kawi has advised me against buy any ski until its resolved. so ive passed along the contact info of the 2 reps i spoke with in California who ended up purchasing my skis back,so far neither has had any luck getting their issues resolved and kawi has not offered to buy their skis back,,,,,,, the manager c.s. rep. told one of the owners that there is still no fix and that he will be in contact should they figure out the problem..... REALLY KAWASAKI ???????????? you expect someone who paid nearly 18,000 on a 2019 ultra lx to just live with your defective product until you figure it out ???? I dont think i was lucky by any means being out almost 2k out of pocket in the end of all this,,,, but in the end i am glad to be rid of 30k worth of problems that as of now cannot be fixed..... what gets me is there is more than 1 2018's with this problem, so this problem has existed for 2 years now with no fix.... I must say i have been a kawi fan boy for 20 years and hoped to buy 2 new 2020 ultras,,, but this has me questioning Kawi...

not changing the pistons back after they clearly knew the new design was popping motors and now a mysterious ecu problem they knew about for 2 years, but continue to sell them...

Heads up to anybody considering buying a left over 2018 or 2019 buyer beware !
    Last edited by Chris288; 08-22-2019 at 06:58 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHC View Post
    man i get you had problems, every brand does. can you pile on every broken timing chain and let us know or every cracked grate and do the same? seems like kawi did ya right and attempts to do the same for others which should be the real story
    im guessing he doesn’t own the skis with the other problems and neither do I but I can tell you that Kawasaki hasn’t done right by me. I have 2 310s that are about 2 years old and have spent about 8 months total in the shop, and counting, as 1 has been in now since June 8th. Wifey called customer service and was told that they never heard of a piston issue with their 310. That was pretty damn insulting and a good thing I wasn’t one the phone.
    both shops have told use that Kawasaki is the worst to deal with. The service manager where hers is sitting now said he would never buy a Kawasaki jet ski. The other dealer that rebuilt mine refused to take hers because he was fed up with dealing with them.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHC View Post
    man i get you had problems, every brand does. can you pile on every broken timing chain and let us know or every cracked grate and do the same? seems like kawi did ya right and attempts to do the same for others which should be the real story
    Mick this dude just can't let it go..... he's one of those guys that gets a kick out of increasing his post counts spewing out the same crap over and over.... truth be told .... when he buys another brand and has one of there re occouring issues we can sit back and watch him go on and on about the same shit on another forum section...... and he still thinks it an ECU issue lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    Mick this dude just can't let it go..... he's one of those guys that gets a kick out of increasing his post counts spewing out the same crap over and over.... truth be told .... when he buys another brand and has one of there re occouring issues we can sit back and watch him go on and on about the same shit on another forum section...... and he still thinks it an ECU issue lol.....
    so sayith the putz with nearly 4,500 posts... You out post me 3:1 jackass. And you get a kick out of pretending to be the smartest guy in the room. You think you know it all, but your just a know it all, and rarely if ever contribute anything of value to anyone except your over inflated ego, too bad your brain isnt as big as your head. Real easy to be an internet armchair quarterback and talk smack.Too bad you dont follow your buddy nicjac's lead and just go away, nobody likes you.

Fair warning from people who have real world exoerience dealing with this problem and hoping kawi does the right thing for its customers and find the real culprit.
    Last edited by Chris288; 08-23-2019 at 07:57 AM.

After following the last few posts you've done and reading a few others. And seeing what Kawasaki has/hasn't done i'm really surprised nobody has had them pull the tensioner. I just re-watched my video of my 2018 issues and it didn't rev past 4000 and pretty much stayed in the 3000 4000 rpm range until I ended it. Even when I pulled the tensioner off my boat it did still pivot, it wasn't locked up but it still wasn't good. I agree that I don't believe this is an ECU issue or fuel pump at all and fully believe it's the tensioner and the crap grease they use.

Shit someone have Kawasaki call/message me i'll tell them my experience, show them the video, pics and show them that my boat is back to ripping again.
    Last edited by Ultra1904; 08-22-2019 at 09:53 AM.

My skis made full boost, ran fine at w.o.t, they initially stalled, then they would surge and hesitate at about 3,800 to 4,500. When holding a steady rpm like in cruise, the rpms would flutter and the ski felt like it had a miss like a bad plug. Different ecus made the ski act different ways, one from a 2015 nearly cleared 1 of the skis up, but not the other, brand new 2019 ecu made my ski stall constantly. Hope they figure it out, we really want 2020 ultras.

My boat did the exact same thing. Everything you described it did, that's why I even changed the plugs in mine because I thought I fouled a plug when the boat just randomly stalled when I left shore under low throttle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra1904 View Post
    My boat did the exact same thing. Everything you described it did, that's why I even changed the plugs in mine because I thought I fouled a plug when the boat just randomly stalled when I left shore under low throttle.
    Thanks for the heads up,,, i will relay this info to the owners of the other skis...

+1
    Chris: Plenty of people on here appreciate the info and updates that You’re providing. I had a friend just recently looking at a 310, and can tell You that he was very happy to read about Your experiences on the forum while considering his purchase.

As You know, this section of the board has always had it’s ardent Kawasaki fan boy defenders... some things never change!

thank you Vic, appreciate that,,, if i can save one person from possibly making a 15,000 mistake its all worth it.. I feel horrible for the people who have reached out to me asking how i was able to get my money back,,,, so far there is no help for them... Right now they are stuck with an 18,000 310 lx mistake... The fan boys can go scratch... haven't cared what those bozos thought or had to say for 13 years on this forum not about to now...

Initially all reports were that that the skis were good or bad out of the crate, i have now heard of someone who experienced their problem after ~ 4 hours... so, i'm glad i didn't pull the trigger on the demo before buy deal...

TOP DEFINITION

Bozo
    Bozo is a name that references someone who has failed to achieve any level of formal education and is easily lead and influenced by anyone who appears sympathetic. Bozo will, because of their lack of of understanding of the english language, try and engage in conversation, but in almost all cases, will become irritated and abusive due to not understanding what is being said to them. A Bozo will make up stories about their achievements, but everyone knows that they are just fabrications. A Bozo is not smart enough to know that their lies have been discovered and will continue on prosecuting the lie.
    Please Bozo, don't try and sneak in with the humans.

Last edited by Chris288; 08-22-2019 at 08:15 PM.

Thread Information