Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

+1
    The problem is where would you mount all that stuff that is currently mounted on the air box? (if you used a K&N and deleted the air box) I like this setup too because I currently have the second battery installed which doesn't give me a lot of room to mount a K&N at the rear and it also better if for any reason the ski took on water to have the filter mounted further forward.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dima View Post
    Here where I ride during summer I would see 8340-8400 rpms and this is with stage 2 + imuk, stock prop I dont know how much I gained rpms as I did other things with ski over the winter. And yes I did drill bunch of holes on stock airbox.
    Any reason why you didnt go with the Solas? Wonder how it would perform with the Solas vs the stock.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BMist371 View Post
    I really like what you have going on there. I may go ahead and remove the air box though and just use a k&n filter. How did you install the catch can with the kanaflex? Riva's kit looks nice, but for the price I'm not keen on drilling holes in the deck for an intake when something like this looks like it wouldn't require holes in the CM Tec/fiberglass.
    This is where my catch can located and it does not interfere with 4in air. The reason for keeping stock airbox is for all electrical connections that attaches to it. As for air I know there is no restrictions as there is plenty of holes in that airbox and I drilled them on the sides only, just in case any water will splash on top of that box, which has not happened yet 40+ trouble free hrs. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180110_190012.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	452809

+1
    Does this just sit in the back instead of going to the front? Is lack of fresh air an issue?
    Nope just take the ski pylon cover off. The airflow is so restricted in the front of these that staying in the back nets better gains.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Any reason why you didnt go with the Solas? Wonder how it would perform with the Solas vs the stock.
    My friend tried both solas and stock and he rides in same weather as me, and he likes stock better then solas, as for me I like where my rpms now and speed is better then most, with solas it will add more rpms but i doubt it will add any speed, this is what I gathered from my friend experience,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by miami salt life View Post
    The problem is where would you mount all that stuff that is currently mounted on the air box? (if you used a K&N and deleted the air box) I like this setup too because I currently have the second battery installed which doesn't give me a lot of room to mount a K&N at the rear and it also better if for any reason the ski took on water to have the filter mounted further forward.
    You have to choices for mounting the electronics you can try and get just the brackets that come with the riva air intake setup or just leave the box where its at disconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicbrut View Post
    You have to choices for mounting the electronics you can try and get just the brackets that come with the riva air intake setup or just leave the box where its at disconnected.
    What do you do for a flame arrestor once you do an IMUK upgrade?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicbrut View Post
    Nope just take the ski pylon cover off. The airflow is so restricted in the front of these that staying in the back nets better gains.
    And you dont have to take half of your ski apart to run your air to the front

Quote Originally Posted by Dima View Post
    And you dont have to take half of your ski apart to run your air to the front
    I debated that, I also debated cutting a hole under the back seat and using a frogzskin cover. How much water comes in the ski pylon hole? And what about using free flow exhaust which blocks the hole?

+1
    I debated that, I also debated cutting a hole under the back seat and using a frogzskin cover. How much water comes in the ski pylon hole? And what about using free flow exhaust which blocks the hole?
    Start with the easier way then you can add more air if need to, as for free flow I like the sound of exaust so I installed through hull exaust and newer look back lol sounds awesome. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190702_125438.jpeg 
Views:	72 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	452818

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information