Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

+1
    It won't literally blow up. It will just seize and damage the cylinder walls and stop running right. The warning signal for you to stop running your ski before this happens is already showing. If this thing had a check engine light it would be flashing at you.

Someone who can bore and hone is going to get a cheap 1100 donor motor out of this. Hope you live close to Chicago

I knowIt literally will not blow up I’ve been riding snowmobiles my whole life and no I live nowhere near Chicago so don’t worry about it the more it is not going to blow up never once has any of my sleds blown up due to a clogged carburetorI guess it could happen if it was to lean but like I said if it does not run correctly it will get parked and will have to get fixed hopefully it clears itself out because they can do thatIt’s not unheard of although I tend to agree it’s probably going to need a carb rebuild

I just spoke to my mechanic he saidLetís Water tested tomorrow and see how it runs if it does not run correctly we are going to go into the carburetors and clean it maybe itíll clear itself out because it was sitting a year it may not be only way to find out is getting it on the water I told him what you guys said he said that is true if we ignore all the signs on the water and then it continue to ride it he said if it acts like this on the water then we definitely cannot ride it and I will just ride mine that starts right up and idols greatBut like I said the more I run it the better it gets today it started off by itself without no starter fluid so itís improving hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by Ysld7 View Post
    I just spoke to my mechanic he saidLet’s Water tested tomorrow and see how it runs if it does not run correctly we are going to go into the carburetors and clean it maybe it’ll clear itself out because it was sitting a year it may not be only way to find out is getting it on the water I told him what you guys said he said that is true if we ignore all the signs on the water and then it continue to ride it he said if it acts like this on the water then we definitely cannot ride it and I will just ride mine that starts right up and idols greatBut like I said the more I run it the better it gets today it started off by itself without no starter fluid so it’s improving hopefully
    You might get lucky and the hard to start issue is just old bad gas. Good luck tomorrow and if you see any signs of something being wrong stop.

That’sWhat I’m hoping for but if it has a slight bogging it can I run it like that or no

+1
    Just curious, if you have your own mechanic that knows all about these things, why are you here?

7. +1 by:

That’sWhat I’m hoping for but if it has a slight bogging it can I run it like that or no
    A bog is a sign of something wrong. No. Don't run it that way until you find out why. Pushing it hoping it will clear up is a recipe for a blown engine.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Just curious, if you have your own mechanic that knows all about these things, why are you here?
    Because like I said 10 times he’s on vacation or was on vacation

+1
    Because like I said 10 times he’s on vacation or was on vacation
    Yes, I went back and looked. You mentioned that he was on vacation one time, back in post 32. Sorry, since you don't pay attention to us, I'm not paying close attention to you.

11. +1 by:

How did it go today?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread Information