Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysld7 View Post
    Missed that sorry The fact that he ran them last year drained the carbs and put fuel stabilizer in them thatís going to go a long way right? Providing that he actually did what he said
    Personally, I would not purchase ski's with that many years on them.
    I rode Kawasaki's for years and years.....I think this purchase would not be good for you....given the questions you have asked...
    UNLESS you had excellent knowledge and mechanical skills......my opinion.

I have aMechanic that rides with us but he’s on vacation but I know about usual motors because I’ve ridden my sleds my whole lifeSo I know how to do the carbs in the motor and all that I just don’t know about the jet pump that’s all

I have aMechanic that rides with us but he’s on vacation but I know about usual motors because I’ve ridden my sleds my whole lifeSo I know how to do the carbs in the motor and all that I just don’t know about the jet pump that’s all
    The jet pump is not complicated and is normal maintenance if caught early. If the bearings go the impeller can destroy the housing. That is when it gets expensive since you will need to replace everything. Pulling the pump to inspect them should be one of the first things you do. It isn't hard and can be done in under 10 minutes once you learn how. The first time will be longer though because it might be stuck if it hasn't been off in a long time.

WeBought them today so One runs well and I think One has gummed up carbs we are going to put them in the lake Sunday and see how the run

+1
    If the carbs are gummed up, it will run lean and burn up the engine. Pull the spark plugs and look at the firing ends periodically. They should be brown. White indicates too lean and you'd better stop before you damage it.

Oh, yea, congratulations on becoming an owner!

6. +1 by:

WhereIs the air intake for the 01ZXI Jetske it’s not under that plastic thing above the carbs is itBecause I need to spray starter fluid in it once in a while and nit is a pain in the ass to keep taking That cover on and off

WhereIs the air intake for the 01ZXI Jetske it’s not under that plastic thing above the carbs is itBecause I need to spray starter fluid in it once in a while and nit is a pain in the ass to keep taking That cover on and off
    That cover is the spark arrestor. It is designed to prevent a backfire from ignitting fumes in the hull. Which could blow up the ski. Don't run them without that installed.

Most people here will recommend you don't use starting fluid. If it is running on starter fluid it isn't being lubricated.

+1
    Sounds like you need to look into primers. Do NOT remove the chokes on your carbs to do this! That will cause a lean condition. There are many opinions about primers, do a search here before deciding what to do. A carb overhaul will help, too.

SoBuy me just bring a little starting fluid in it and that’s it is making it run lien? I’m pretty sure it just needs a carb cleaning but we’re taking it out on the lake Sunday and we need just for it to run before we can get it to our mechanic

I just spray one spray in there and she fires up I will look into the primers in the off-season where is the air intake on these things like I said I am not 100% familiar with them as I road snowmobiles and they are similar but not the same

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information