rxt 260 code p0122 crazy stuff....

good evening seadoo collective,

Having an issue and I have found a few threads that sort of touch on this, but then most have never replied with their solution???

Anyway 2010 rxt 260x non suspension 243 hours, put ski in this year and ran great, took it out a few times no issues, then one day i pulled it off the lift hit start and check engine light came on instantly, ran ski out a few hundred feet, shut it off then tried to restart and still same issue, rough running, irractic throttle, check engine light, limped it back to the lift then hauled it home.

So far I have replace both handle bars TPS, I have reset the original TB several times, as soon as I clear the code it instanly comes back??? After a week of messing it I pulled the wifes ski and brought it home and swapped the TB off her, near same result, harder to start, but rpms ran roughly up to full rpm a few times.

anyone ever have this occur? Seems many have but I cant find a post with a definitive answer.
    having a rough summer, the x45 has engine issues, our little ol trusty 4winns has a drive issue, then today I have water in the oil of the cruiser......sigh... going back to skydiving LOL

Thanks!!

+1
    They have a few issues with the ic leaking and damaging the tb....also might want to check the map sensor and new spark plugs...

Quote Originally Posted by Turboted View Post
    They have a few issues with the ic leaking and damaging the tb....also might want to check the map sensor and new spark plugs...
    thanks, my IC is new, replaced it two years ago, swapped in the wifes TB and reset it seversl times, but i will investigate the MAP sensor.

+1
    Have you checked continuity of the wires between the ECM and the TAS ?

UPDATE...SOLVED
    Ok, so seems I have solved the problem, after swapping everything back and forth from mine to the wife's I had called it quits, then i looked at the egr and said " i dont think you have anything to do with this but you have wires running to you so why not" swapped the egr and bam, runs like a top (pun intended read on). Then i noticed the wires actually went to a very small sensor about the size of a small thumb drive that actually snapped onto the bottom of the egr, turns out this is the TOPS sensor, or turn over protection sensor.

So 27 bucks and bam she's back, grateful for that but why on earth do I get codes for TPS (which I bought two new ones) and TAS ( which if I didn't have the wife's to steal I probably would have spent 700 on) for a 27 dollar TOPS sensor????? If you unplug the TOPS it will throw a TOPS code, but whatever is going on in it now triggers p0122????

Anyway thought I would post my conclusion for others looking for answers I kept finding threads with no conclusion updates and that sucks!!!

Thread Information