+1

Looking at getting a 19 GTX 300 limited what range do you get out of them?

Like the title says I'm looking at adding a GTX limited 300 to my collection. I like to do longer cruises like 80 to 100 miles. The marinas have 89 octane around here so filling up on the water is not an option. What is the range on this machine with a little playing and cruising?

I burned a tank in about an hour to an hour and a half today on my RXT X 300. If gas is a concern, buy the 230. Better economy and it runs lower octane. I usually take 28 gallons of 93 with me wherever I go.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BMist371 View Post
    I burned a tank in about an hour to an hour and a half today on my RXT X 300. If gas is a concern, buy the 230. Better economy and it runs lower octane. I usually take 28 gallons of 93 with me wherever I go.
    How do you bring that much extra fuel? If i get another ski It will be a 300.

+1
    I have several friends with the 18 & 19’ 300 platforms. I also have had the chance to spend several days and trips riding my friends new skis. Most of those rides were 100+ miles in a day. We even took one of the skis for a 255 mile trip in a day. The skis are averaging 5+ mpg cruising 5-5,500 rpms. Several times we have made 75 miles to the tank and still had 1 gallon left. Hope this helps.

+1
    I was told by a long time SD mechanic that you won’t damage a SD with 89 octane fuel. Their knock sensors ECUs will retard timing enough to protect it and you’ll just lose performance. I also wouldn’t run it hard for added precautions.
    Several of us in the group (same as 4-Keeps) just ordered the 18+ gallon tanks that the fish pro comes with to install them in our RXTX. Cost for the 19’ is about $400. As it already comes with angled bucket that’s needed for the swap. The 18’ will be about $100. More for the bucket.
    There is also a 4 gallon that locks into the link system on the back deck.

Quote Originally Posted by C42480 View Post
    How do you bring that much extra fuel? If i get another ski It will be a 300.
    I use 2 14 gallon rolling fuel caddies with hand pumps. I just throw them on the back of my truck. I feel like a mobile fuel station. Haha. If you buy the fuel caddies, replace the plastic clamps on the hoses with metal ones. The plastic ones are quite cheap and tend to leak/break.

I've been able to get 65-70 miles safely out of my '18 GTX 300, with fuel left over for another 5 miles or so. This was mostly using the Eco mode. If you want to significantly increase the milage, you can either purchase the 4 gallon Linq tank, or do the Fish Pro fuel tank conversion detailed in this fourm. If you do both, you can add about 6-7 gallons which will give you more than the milage you require.

+1
    Thanks for the info. Installing the larger tank and the linq tank might just be the ticket im looking for. Now to get the dealer to give me a good price on an outgoing 19. What is needed for the larger tank install as far what needs to be removed for the tank to be installed. My kawi i had i had to remove the engine to get the tank replaced.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by C42480 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Installing the larger tank and the linq tank might just be the ticket im looking for. Now to get the dealer to give me a good price on an outgoing 19. What is needed for the larger tank install as far what needs to be removed for the tank to be installed. My kawi i had i had to remove the engine to get the tank replaced.
    no need to touch the motor. It all comes out from under the hood/Bucket. And you also need to order the filler hose.
    i think this is the how to thread....http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...adoo+18.5+tank

11. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    WOW......they def got that fuel tank removal right....as seen on the attached thread..BINGO DINGO!!!!!!!

Thread Information