2004 Kawasaki STX 15f wonít rev over 6200

I have a 2004 Kawasaki STX 15F it revs over 7000 RPMs out of the water and wonít rev over 6200 rpmís in the water. I replaced fuel injectors first didnít help. I replaced both of the coils from a 09 and that helped some. But still same issue. I just put a fuel pump in from the same 09 and that helped a bit more. Now at 6,200 rpmís. I had the pump bearing replaced because of a failed bearing. Before the mechanic replaced the pump bearing all was perfect. He checked the shaft and no movement at all. Compression on all 4 is 175 psi. Should I buy new coils and wires? Iím at at a loss. Please help

+1
    Never understood why people rev the piss out of these things out of the water(no load).
    Do you red line your car in neutral.
    How many hours.
    Are you the original owner.
    Does your gauge work. Does it say "FPO" or "SLO".
    What RPM are you looking for.
    What top speed are you running on the water.
    Did you replace the fuel filter.
    Did you replace the screen/fuel pump sock when you replace the fuel pump.
    So your "mechanic" replaced the pump shaft and did not check the impeller and impeller to wear ring clearance. Or did he also replace the impeller (different pitch).

Your post poses a lot of questions.

I have 155 hours on the ski. I also replaced the fuel filter. I did not replace the stack it looked real clean. The ski ran above 7k rpm’s before the problem. The speedo said 69 mph before my issue. The mechanic said impeller looked good. He never said anything about pitch. My issue started about 20 minutes of run time after he did my pump bearing.

My gauge works it does not say slo or fpo

+1
    What is the speed after he worked in it. If he checked it what are the clearances between the wear ring and the impeller.
    And what is a "stack".

Stack was suppose to say Sox. The mechanic never told me any specs measuring anything to do with the sleeve or jet pump . All he told me all looked good. Iím thinking I need to go to a different place After he did the jet pump bearings the speed was 69 miles an hour it ran perfect about 20 minutes later I started having a issue.

+1
    Good luck with your endeavor. Lack of info here will result in garbage in garbage out. Just keep throwing parts at it. You'll get it.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    its pretty obvious to me.

its the spark plug bearings

in all seriousness your mechanic, who I'm sure you paid good money to to fix this problem should be dealing with it.

it's plain to see that something wasn't done correctly if the ski ran great for 20 minutes after he gave it back to you

then you dumped more money and time into it and still no joy.

where are you located. perhaps we can direct you to a "good" tech that can resolve your issues

I thought this was a place to get some insight.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    It is, but weíre mostly jerks as youíve noticed, especially those of us in the business-but weíre very experienced at mechanics and sarcasm too-get some thicker skin bud

That being said....

Youíve replaced most of the fuel and ignition system already- I doubt thatís an issue now

Your pump had a bearing failure which is common when the pumps have run over 100 hours without an examination some Iíve serviced failed with as little as 50 hours

Pumps run out of water heat up quickly and seals will be damaged especially if you are redlining the engine same deal with the shaft support bearing on the midwall

There is a possibility that the crankshaft thrust bearing was damaged due to the pump failure this will reduce the engines speed under load. The impeller force pushes the driveshaft into the coupler with a large amount of force and tears up the engine cases. Likely if the bearings were in little bits when the pump was torn down

You never want to rev an engine to the redline with no load btw

engine performance out of water means nothing

To avoid losing the engine replace the oil filter cut the old one open and check for metal slush

If you find lots, itís time to pull the engine before the damage becomes unrepairable

There is a triple bearing pump upgrade that stops this from happening

Have a look at this thread for more info

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=206182&page=2

Thread Information