Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm not sure if these machines originally had an oil tank with an injection pump, but mine doesn't. It uses premix. I've been mixing at 50:1 with Klotz Super Techniplate Racing Oil. The seller gave me a gallon and a half of the oil. Is that a proper ratio for my mixture? I'll do a compression test as soon as I can find compression test gauge kit. I recently moved and my tools are out of sorts.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    klotz is great oil for your application. 50:1 is standard mix. At one time I loved the smell of that stuff. These days I have to make a real effort to avoid being around two stroke exhaust, at the advice of my doctor. You'll want to drain that stuff out at the end of the season. Some oils (not sure about the klotz) supports the growth of bacteria which can clump up and cause problems ( strange but true)

I'd suggest getting a label on the fuel fill that states "premix only" to prevent a problem down the road if you happen to let others ride the ski, somebody may "do you a favor" and fill the tank for you, not knowing that requirement

I assume you installed a mesh style fuel filter?

The compression issue is just my own curiosity, wondering if the PO installed high dome pistons too. When ever you can it will be a nice addition to your skis legacy.

A modified ski may end up with pump service needed sooner then later, you should pull the pump, check the bearing and impeller condition and then grease the splines up..then you should be ready to roll out as they say.

There is already a "premix only" decal by the fuel cap. I did install a mesh style filter, although it's not OEM Kawasaki. I will put on the OEM parts, but I had to order one ($37?!)
    I kinda like the smell of the Klotz too. Smells even sweeter than the stuff I put in my son's dirt bike. Thanks for the tip on draining the fuel at the end of the season... Only about a month to go

+1
    yeah, $37 for the oem is just pricey, any nylon mesh filter will do the trick, if the original filter mount is found use it. it's likely fallen off, so poking around in the huill might tuirn it up. Use permatex right stuff to restick it to the hull and a couple of zips to hold it in place. If it's gone no big deal just make sure the filter is supported well.

+1
    Better yet, buy a SeaDoo fuel filter from the 1990s. Lots of them on Ebay. They have a canister that you can remove without tools and flush out the screen while at the lake. You will have to fabricate a bracket for it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Filter...YAAOSwc0FUqcDx

I just finished winterizing the ski, and went ahead with a compression test while I was at it. Results were 130, 135, 135

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatty900zxi View Post
    I just finished winterizing the ski, and went ahead with a compression test while I was at it. Results were 130, 135, 135
    Sweet!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information