+1

Installed Fizzle...now getting hesitation...btw this intercooler wakes this ski up!

Just installed my Fizzle with the following mods:
    13/22R impeller
    HKS bov
    Engine breather
    Ribbon delete
    R&D R3 ecu
    Custom air intake (3"cone filter with elbow)
    Jims SVHO plate
    Worx intake grate

I got a hesitation (bog) coming out of the hole, sometimes in the midrange. Am I running lean? I though I was ok with oem injectors and fuel pump.

Also, getting more vibration. Is it normal for the intercooler to sit in the hull?

Previous was 71.5mph 7880, now seeing 75.1 mph at about 8200rpms (PET tach stopped working)
    Last edited by need4pwr; 08-17-2019 at 10:55 PM.

+1
    Check your dew point and water temperature. These things will condensate if your water temperature is within 5 degrees of the dew point temperature.

At cruising or idle condensation will build up in the charge pipe and when accelerating or getting into boost the collected condensation in the charge pipe gets thrown into the motor and will cause hesitation.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nashvegas View Post
    Check your dew point and water temperature. These things will condensate if your water temperature is within 5 degrees of the dew point temperature.

At cruising or idle condensation will build up in the charge pipe and when accelerating or getting into boost the collected condensation in the charge pipe gets thrown into the motor and will cause hesitation.
    Anyway to prevent that? Seems odd that it happens with the fizzle and not the oem.

+1

Installed Fizzle...now getting hesitation...btw this intercooler wakes this ski up!

In TN we deal with cold rivers from TVA dams discharging cold water from the lower portions of the lakes, which are between 48 degrees and 55 degrees directly on the tail waters.

I put T on the output of the oil cooler line and a T and a valve on the dedicated cooling line from the pump to the IC. Will turn off the dedicated line and feed the oil cooler line into the intercooler which here on the cold water runs the oil cooler output runs between 86 and 93 degrees which will always run above the dew point on our water.

The reason these get it versus the stock are that the fizzle IC cores are dual pass and more efficient. But people in our group have had it happen with Worx and other ICs as well.

Just watch the dew point and water temp and if your dealing with what we are it will make sense when you get it. I check the dew point before I go out and on humid days and turn the condensation fix on ahead of hitting the cold water.

+1
    Thank you for the response and recommendation. Is this going to affect the engine and possibly rust out the internals?

+1
    I doubt it unless you regularly run into conditions that produce the high humidity low water temp scenario. Honestly I thought it was a somewhat unique problem to our area due to the artificially created low water temps from dam releases. I ride year round. Most of the time I only have to worry about condensation from July to mid September. Have gotten it in the winter with water temps in the mid upper 40s to mid 50s but usually after a warm and heavy rain day with dew points closely matching the water temperatures just like the summer months.

+1
    With my mods, what supercharger impeller wheel should I look at. Still running stock injectors and no pressure regulator.

Thread Information