Supercharger leak

Hi guys,

After taking my engine out due to a piston failure, I noticed an oil leak coming from the supercharger, from the bottom behind the pulley. Any recommendations on how to deal with it please?

Also what kind of oil does the supercharger use and how much do i need to fill it up. There is no such information in the service or user manual.

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	452757  
    Last edited by KU310R; 08-21-2019 at 01:03 PM.

+1
    Without question....I would send the supercharger to Jon Bond engineering....
    They specialize in ALL supercharged products.

He repaired my 310R charger.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane1000 View Post
    Without question....I would send the supercharger to Jon Bond engineering....
    They specialize in ALL supercharged products.

He repaired my 310R charger.
    That's not an option for me as I'm located in Malta. What I'm looking to confirm is the type and amount of oil required for a 310 supercharger.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHC View Post
    show them what you did.... it was good work! thread like this hasn't come up in a LONG time and will be good for people to see!

mike
    Thanks Mike! I must add that I managed to tho it thanks to your help. I'll post some instructions below.

will you lose boost when that s/c seal goes

So in order to solve this issue Mike has provided me with the following diagrams:

In order to solve this leak I had to remove the pulley, and break apart the 1st and 2nd pieces from the supercharger as below:

1. Remove the pulley by holding it with a rubber strap and take out the six bolts keeping it in place and it will slide off easily.
    2. Undo the oil plug sitting behind the pulley and drain most of the oil out of the supercharger.
    3. Then undo the 6 long bolts keeping the different cases of the supercharger together.
    4. Using a rubber mallet the hit with some force the front and centre case in order to dislodge them and create some space with which you can work in order to pry them open.
    5. Using a plastic trim removal kit, in order not to damage the metal, pry open the sections as in the diagram above.
    6. Clean all surfaces from the old sealant.
    7. Apply sealant around all surfaces and start putting it back together in reverse order. Remember to apply thread-lock on all bolts and tighten according to the specifications.
    8. After letting the sealant dry add the oil (no more than 4.2oz) back into the supercharger.

These are some before and after photos of my supercharger:

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by KU310R View Post
    Thanks Mike! I must add that I managed to tho it thanks to your help. I'll post some instructions below.
    This is well done, thanks for the write up. I will move it to the Tech Tips section if you don't mind.

Sean

No problem at all

11. +1 by:

Thread Information