Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    You’re on the limiter because of the 11/15 prop

2. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Meisen View Post
    Still just goes 62 with the ribbon delete, but maybe the impellar is wrong, heard from others that i shoul stay way from the Solas 11-15 and move to Sqat instead.
    Also after mounting the ribbon delete, it goes straight to rpm limiter on full throttle and that doesnt sound good. Before on full throttle it just had a nice sound, now it is like its jumping on the rpm limiter constantly.
    Are you running full tank or low fuel? Full tank I’m still 62-64 but when it’s down to 1 or 2 bars I easily gain several mph to hit about 67-68.

Mine hits limiter all the time when you go WOT from a dead stop. I just don’t. I launch it at like 80% and then go WOT as it gets on plane after about 2 seconds. The ribbon delete seemed to make it snappier.

Overland Park, KS (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    If you are running the 11/15 prop, that is the problem. It is used to spin ~8300 rpm and if you don't have a tune to do it, you will just be bouncing off the limiter. I haven't seen anybody who likes that 11/15 prop even with a tune. Either just go with the stock prop and bend to hit target rpm, or start or go with the solas 13/19 and bend to target rpm. Ksalles has hit over 70 mph with a stock prop on stock tune. Also the stock screen rpm reading is junk and you will need an aftermarket tach for accurate readings.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Kamp View Post
    If you are running the 11/15 prop, that is the problem. It is used to spin ~8300 rpm and if you don't have a tune to do it, you will just be bouncing off the limiter. I haven't seen anybody who likes that 11/15 prop even with a tune. Either just go with the stock prop and bend to hit target rpm, or start or go with the solas 13/19 and bend to target rpm. Ksalles has hit over 70 mph with a stock prop on stock tune. Also the stock screen rpm reading is junk and you will need an aftermarket tach for accurate readings.
    Okay, thanx again for great answer.
    I read about these Skat impellers, see they have 13/21 also, many says they are way better then Solas?
    Ore is the Solas 13/19 way good enough for this jetski, I`m wondering of ordering the Riva maptuner also.

+1
    . . . .
    Also after mounting the ribbon delete, it goes straight to rpm limiter on full throttle and that doesn't sound good. Before on full throttle it just had a nice sound, now it is like its jumping on the rpm limiter constantly.
    Are you saying, basically poor hole-shot? ... all the shop-mods in the world aren't going to get you any faster if the pump is ventilating/cavitating... aka I didn't see a good pump seal-kit in your list of efforts.
    I agree with the impeller pitch needing be sorted out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post
    Are you saying, basically poor hole-shot? ... all the shop-mods in the world aren't going to get you any faster if the pump is ventilating/cavitating... aka I didn't see a good pump seal-kit in your list of efforts.
    I agree with the impeller pitch needing be sorted out as well.
    Ok, a pump seal kit? Sorry, never heard of that......and as Luke writes here, what does it meen "bend to target rpm"
    Sorry for my english, from Norway here and not all technical words I understand.

+1
    Ok, a pump seal kit? Sorry, never heard of that......and as Luke writes here, what does it meen "bend to target rpm"
    Sorry for my english, from Norway here and not all technical words I understand.

No worries .
    From a dead-stop, to on-plane (aka hole-shot), if your engine quickly jumps to the limiter and you are not hanging onto the handlebars for dear life, your jet-pump could be getting "air-bound".
    At a dead-stop, your ski should be deep enough in the water as to not gulp air at the intake, yet the negative pressures inside the jet-pump tunnel (just forward of the impeller) can be very very significant during hole-shot. In yamahas, there are two plausible sources for air to get sucked into the pump tunnel: a) the mating surfaces of the pump shoe (including transom plate) as the seams of the shoe extends in front of the impeller. Air typically originates from behind the craft, specifically from the jet-pump exterior void. The other is b) the IB shaft bearing seals.
    For situation (a), this is addressed by pulling these parts off the ski completely, then adding sealant (aka 4200 or 5200) when reassembled. There is also an air-pocket inside the shoe that should be filled. To make things easier, there are aftermarket "kits" designed for specific models.
    For situation (b), understand this is very uncommon, yet is a result of a larger issue, being a failed IB housing/seals.

"bend to target rpm" is basically saying that you choose impeller pitch based on WOT RPM.
    i.e. if you are hitting the limiter at top-speed & WOT, you will increase pitch. Inversely, if you cannot attain nearly max RPM, you may benefit by de-pitching.

+1
    Okay, thanx again for great answer.
    I read about these Skat impellers, see they have 13/21 also, many says they are way better then Solas?
    Ore is the Solas 13/19 way good enough for this jetski, I`m wondering of ordering the Riva maptuner also.
    Thomas, the Skat Trak will slow you down. Keep your current Solas impeller and reflash the ECU with the MaptunerX to raise the rev limiter.

Please keep in mind you can buy Riva parts in the GreenHulk store cheaper than you can from Riva. Use the discount code greenhulk at checkout. The Riva MaptunerX tuning bundle package for your ski is offered in the GreenHulk Store at a discounted price.

RIVA Maptuner X Tuning Bundle Pack 1.8L Yamaha Waverunners

RY110SC-B-1
    The MaptunerX Bundle delivers instant plug-in horsepower! Quickly and easily load performance tunes into your Yamaha PWC eliminating the need to ship out your ECU for programming. Features a slick, full color, touch screen display. There is no limit to the number of vehicles or tunes you can refl...
    $939.95
    Add To Cart

+1
    Ok, a pump seal kit?
    This is the pump seal kit for your Riva intake grate

RIVA Yamaha GEN 2 Gp1800/VXR/VXS Pump Seal Kit

RY25110-1
    Dramatically reduce cavitation and prop spin with this to install Pump Seal Kit. Location specific, molded inserts fill the voids in pump inlet shoe that bleed air into pump causing cavitation. Recommended for modified craft using RIVA Top-Loader Intake Grate (part# RY22110-1). Includes detailed ins...
    $79.95
    Add To Cart

Ok, thanx for great answers again.
    The pump seal kit is installed, just forgot to mension that
    I have a friend that has a Solas 13/19 impeller that I can get cheap, so maybe i try this first before the ECU. With taxes and customs to norway this part will be over 1300$ in total!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information