Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for all of your responses. I’ve been at it today but haven’t made any progress. Fixed positive battery cable, connected battery, but when I attempt to crank I get nothing. I’m getting no beeps at all. I’ve got good power the vts button actuates the motor but I get no crank and can’t turn the engine over. I hear some sort of electrical noise going on but not sure what it is. Something seems to be getting power. The engine light on the dash is also blinking when I attempt to crank.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    main relay may be washed out. I would jump the starter solenoid right now to get the engine to crank so you can blow out the water.

make sure there are no fumes in the hull, remove seat and open front hatch and let air for a few minutes. be deliberate in jumping the starter solenoid, try for minimal sparkage due to the proximity to the fuel tank

pull the fuses and check them out with a meter. you gotta get the engine started real soon now or at least cranked with the plugs out and sprayed with some kind of lubricating oil

the noise you are hearing is likely the fuel pump

+1
    I just did a sunk 260is recently. Had to pull all hoses, intercooler, waterbox, intake, and clean/grease all electrical connections. Water was sitting inside the fuse box. Had to pull every fuse and bus bar, blow out with air, clean, etc. Took me all day.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    I just did a sunk 260is recently. Had to pull all hoses, intercooler, waterbox, intake, and clean/grease all electrical connections. Water was sitting inside the fuse box. Had to pull every fuse and bus bar, blow out with air, clean, etc. Took me all day.

wow..must have been a pretty good labor charge for all of that

what a pain in the ass on an IS also

what caused that level of sinkage..drain plugs?

and in the meantime..the OP's clock is running out....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    wow..must have been a pretty good labor charge for all of that

what a pain in the ass on an IS also

what caused that level of sinkage..drain plugs?

and in the meantime..the OP's clock is running out....
    Yes, the labor was around $800. A paddleboat sits behind his plastic jet ski float, somebody had tied both ends of the paddleboat. When he shoved the Seadoo off the float, instead of bumping the paddleboat out of the way, it hit the tied paddleboat then slipped under it. The Seadoo was already far enough off the float that leverage took over and it slid straight down between the float and the paddleboat where it was stuck mostly under water.

I was able to jump the starter and get the engine to crank. I got a very small amount of mist out of the #2 cylinder. Using the camera I found a small amount of water in #2 still and an even smaller amount in #3 that cranking dis not push out. Sprayed storage oil in the cylinders and cranked again. Can I assume the starter solenoid needs to be replaced? The large fuse box was dry when opened. The main relay in the smaller fuse box was dry and showed no signs of water, but the 2 small 30 amp fuses below it do show signs of water getting to them. How do you go about cleaning those out? I also removed the blown resonator. Do I need to install a new resonator before I can try starting the engine?

+1
    You can start it without the resonator, it will be loud.
    Before trying to start it I would at least pull the hose off the intake and check for water inside of it.

+1
    you need to take off the intake manifold and dump the water out of it before starting it, at least pull an intercooler hose and see if there is water sitting in the intercooler

I had to remove the intercooler to get the resonator out and there was water in the intercooler.

+1
    Which means there is water in the supercharger and all related intake tubing, including the intake itself. Pull it all apart post haste.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information