Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    well stick your phone in there and shoot some video while you work the choke cable...I'd like to find the guy that designed that entire engine and drop his keys into a nice ripe septic tank.

very likely if the cable came off. it's going to be pretty painful to get it connected again as removing the exhaust isn't easy. Plenty of threads here on how its done, but its very tricky for first timers

nice find.

btw, fouled plugs are the number one issue maker on yamahs and seadoos

always warm the engines up for a few minutes before asking for full power. this avoids plug glazing

glazed plugs can look good, spark outside of the engine just fine but under compression pressure, they don't spark much

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    well stick your phone in there and shoot some video while you work the choke cable...I'd like to find the guy that designed that entire engine and drop his keys into a nice ripe septic tank.

very likely if the cable came off. it's going to be pretty painful to get it connected again as removing the exhaust isn't easy. Plenty of threads here on how its done, but its very tricky for first timers

nice find.

always warm the engines up for a few minutes before asking for full power. this avoids plug glazing

glazed plugs can look good, spark outside of the engine just fine but under compression pressure, they don't spark much
    Yea the guy who did it was a absolute joke was definitely ready to rough him up I won't get into that but I found the end of the cable and located the choke plates and pulled up a diagram of the system as how it connects and what not I'm gonna do like i did with the starter and like you stated take some video of it and I think I might be able to get it in the slot where it needs to go, and with my vx I sucked up a stick last weekend and thought that was the problem but obviously not but when I changed the plugs honestly they didn't look bad so I'm a little worried, it got dark so didn't motor out of the marina will be back down tomorrow

nice find.

Got down there tonight and felt around found the linkage as to where the cable goes but I just don't know how they connect or how the cable goes into it and can't find any pictures or videos online little nervous about sticking my phone down there it is quite tight and don't wanna drop it lol I'm betting that if I could get the choke hooked up my troubles would be over so I'm gonna continue to try like hell to get it connected and continue to search for a picture of how I need to connect them

+1
    Iíd be quick to drop a couple of bucks for a cheap inspection camera if your nervous about dropping an expensive phone down the hull

You can get then on the cheap from amazon

Itíll be enough for you to see whatís going on if memory serves the choke linkage hooks up between the carbs

It is a significant challenge considering it was somebody elseís screwup

You might end up pulling the exhaust pipe but Iíd risk $40 and at least an hour or two of time to avoid that chore, even if it is just to hook the cable and check the coldstart with the choke engaged

Gets slot more fun when you know your issues is about to be resolved

I’d be quick to drop a couple of bucks for a cheap inspection camera if your nervous about dropping an expensive phone down the hull

You can get then on the cheap from amazon

It’ll be enough for you to see what’s going on if memory serves the choke linkage hooks up between the carbs

It is a significant challenge considering it was somebody else’s screwup

You might end up pulling the exhaust pipe but I’d risk $40 and at least an hour or two of time to avoid that chore, even if it is just to hook the cable and check the coldstart with the choke engaged

Gets slot more fun when you know your issues is about to be resolved
    Ugh I know it I've never pulled off the exhaust before been considering bringing my impact driver down and just doing it also considered duct taping my phone to my hand lol I mean I can feel them both just unsure how the cable links to the choke assembly very frustrating considering that I think this will solve my problem and also the fact that I bought a $50 dollar primer kit and don't think I will need it, if I pull the exhaust off is there any easy way or just pull the whole damn pipe?

+1
    Do not use an impact gun on those ginormous bolts get a half inch breaker bar and spray it all down with PB blast

Record the Lankes of the bolts as you remove them they are not identical and do some other information on the forum about how you wiggle the exhaust pipe out of position yes it does suck yes you only want to do it once yes we would like to send 1000 sand fleas to the people of designed that system you donít want to make a mistake putting any of it together thatís why I may be spending an hour with the inspection camera wouldnít be a bad use of your time while the pipe is off you can clear out some of the water passageways and replace oil lines

+1
    Pete, I just sent you a PM about the brand new replacement carburetor that you linked.

Danny

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information