Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    +1
    Most of you are missing the big picture here. they now only run the 1630 ace in everything. per the website and the reveal. he said all are ace motors now.
    now lets look at the GTR. its a 230. so a supercharged de-tuned 300. on a flat hull. now if the hull material is good. this is a potential GP1800 killer.

both hulls inspired from the rental market. or straight across carry over... both high HP (if you tune the GTR to 300 HP) now the seadoo with better holeshot and no capitation like the GP as the seadoo pump is better then Yamaha in my opinion. now lets look at power to weight ratio.

GP1800 dry: 769 power: 260hp
    GTR dry: 774 power: 300hp (if tuned)
    only 5 pounds more. my guess take off the speakers and you are lighter then the GP.

Im curious to see how this hull will handle water. but i can see it being a really fun ski if tuned to 300hp

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WakePirate View Post
    Most of you are missing the big picture here. they now only run the 1630 ace in everything. per the website and the reveal. he said all are ace motors now.
    now lets look at the GTR. its a 230. so a supercharged de-tuned 300. on a flat hull. now if the hull material is good. this is a potential GP1800 killer.

both hulls inspired from the rental market. or straight across carry over... both high HP (if you tune the GTR to 300 HP) now the seadoo with better holeshot and no capitation like the GP as the seadoo pump is better then Yamaha in my opinion. now lets look at power to weight ratio.

only 5 pounds more. my guess take off the speakers and you are lighter then the GP.

Im curious to see how this hull will handle water. but i can see it being a really fun ski if tuned to 300hp
    Yah 73lbs lighter than a PX and basically the same length and width...could be a real sleeper.

i watched the Seadoo 2020 presentation and it was just the worst presentation i ever watched.
    And nothing about what i was intrested of, the GTX 300 limited and RXT-X300.

The GTX 300 limited was just horrible when i saw it, now boring silver all over and a little blue color.
    Now after some time when i got used to the silver and brown 2019 version and now find that one really nice they made it just awful.

The RXT-X 300 most beautiful color ever the neonyellow is now gone but the neongreen was very nice too but i do not understand why they do not have black instead of the grey color allways, was the same on the neonyellow, that would be much nicer, there they can learn by Kawasaki their green and black is really nice.

But thank god they do not follow Yamaha their models are just different colors all over the place and noone looks any good.
    The neon vibrant ones Seadoo have are much better looking.

And why did they not have a colordisplay - the one Yamaha has on some models is very nice but to small in size.

I probably end up buying the 2019 GTX Limited or if i can get the neonyellow with deep and watertemperature i am not sure if that is possible on the 2019 ?

I want to have one that i am really happy to look at with a vibrant neon look or the one that i learn to love the GTX 300 limited with silver and brown and lot of bells and whistles, i am not so intrested of the highest speed just being on the ocean is fine with me.

The GTX Limited is a whole lot of silver without much contrast to it. I definitely think the 2019 with the brown looks better at this point. I do like the purplish blue and yellow Wake pro though, feels like a nice little throwback to the 90's with those colors. Not digging the new green on the RTX 300, I'll take my yellow over the green every time. Looks better on the RXP though.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    I'm digging their riding gear for 2020Attachment 453656
    The Gear worn by Capt Seadoo is not for sale. This is just retro theme for promotional material

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WakePirate View Post

I can almost garrantee you its not a simple matter of "tuning" the 230 to a 300. More than likely the valvetrain is different and will need upgrading as well as the supercharger. The same goes with the intercooler and impeller. After you spend the money to upgrade all those parts just to be "on par" with the 300 it would've been cheaper to just start out buying the 300 instead of upgrading the 230, its the same issue that's been going on now with the current 230's.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Am I the only one that doesn't trust a plastic hull at 70 MPH?
    https://www.sea-doo.net/2017-polytec-hull

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoffer2490 View Post
    I can almost garrantee you its not a simple matter of "tuning" the 230 to a 300. More than likely the valvetrain is different and will need upgrading as well as the supercharger. The same goes with the intercooler and impeller. After you spend the money to upgrade all those parts just to be "on par" with the 300 it would've been cheaper to just start out buying the 300 instead of upgrading the 230, its the same issue that's been going on now with the current 230's.

Exactly what Yoffer says. For sure is gonna have a lazy ass cam like the earlier 230's. No way it will have a 300 charger or intercooler but if you want to spend some time and $$$........(providing the plastic holds up)

Did Seadoo eliminate the GTI 130 Pro? I wonder if the 130 can be flashed to 170HP or greater?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by truck240 View Post
    Did Seadoo eliminate the GTI 130 Pro? I wonder if the 130 can be flashed to 170HP or greater?
    The 130 can be flashed to 155, but not much more than that. The 155 has a different cam profile I believe and can be flashed to 170.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread Information