Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    NEW 2019 spark is it 60 or 90? help !!!

    Hi guys, I just bought a brand new 2019 spark It is supposed to be the HO 90. But I am not sure that the ski is an HO. The salesman told me every time I asked, just to be sure, that it was the 90hp version. So I get it home, start googling how to tell if it is the 60 or 90 version. The model number is 61KA. from what I found, this is the 60hp version. So thinking, well maybe they flashed the ECU to the 90 version, no big deal. But I am not sure if they even did that. I haven't taken the ski off the trailer yet. But when I start the ski on the trailer, the screen does not show the touring mode, and does nothing when I hold the red button to go to sport mode. Did I just get lied to by the dealer?

    Tracy
    Ocala, FLorida

    2019 Spark
    2001 virage TX

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by tcar321 View Post
    Hi guys, I just bought a brand new 2019 spark It is supposed to be the HO 90. But I am not sure that the ski is an HO. The salesman told me every time I asked, just to be sure, that it was the 90hp version. So I get it home, start googling how to tell if it is the 60 or 90 version. The model number is 61KA. from what I found, this is the 60hp version. So thinking, well maybe they flashed the ECU to the 90 version, no big deal. But I am not sure if they even did that. I haven't taken the ski off the trailer yet. But when I start the ski on the trailer, the screen does not show the touring mode, and does nothing when I hold the red button to go to sport mode. Did I just get lied to by the dealer?

    Tracy
    Ocala, FLorida

    2019 Spark
    2001 virage TX
    Tracy,

    Looks like you have the base 60hp version. If you do not have sport mode as an option, then you have the 60hp version. Hopefully you didn't pay for a 90hp model and got a 60hp version.

    Thanks.


  3. #3
    very easy to say... the 60 HP version calls ACE and the 90 HP Version calls ACE HO

    As well as when you start the Engine and hold that red button at the Gauge you are able to switch to sport mode this is only possible on the 90 HP Version or with an reflash to 90/110 HP
    So the Salesman dont know what he was talking about i guess.....

    Bring the Ski back to the Dealer... did you rode it ?....what is written on the Invoice ? ACE or ACE HO ? easy to see... and yes what Price did you pay...
    Last edited by FAMT; 08-15-2019 at 12:25 AM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    very easy to say... the 60 HP version calls ACE and the 90 HP Version calls ACE HO

    As well as when you start the Engine and hold that red button at the Gauge you are able to switch to sport mode this is only possible on the 90 HP Version or with an reflash to 90/110 HP
    So the Salesman dont know what he was talking about i guess.....

    Bring the Ski back to the Dealer... did you rode it ?....what is written on the Invoice ? ACE or ACE HO ? easy to see... and yes what Price did you pay...
    I havent even taken it off the trailer yet. Only started on it on the trailer. Will it go into sport mode on a hose? or do I need to put it in the lake to be sure?

    So the buyers order only says manufacturer BRP model 61KA

    I paid $6000 OTD and I negotiated hard to get that. I drove an hour and a half to get to ski as it was the best deal in Florida that I could find on the HO 2up

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Stockholm Sweden
    Posts
    457
    +1
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by tcar321 View Post
    I havent even taken it off the trailer yet. Only started on it on the trailer. Will it go into sport mode on a hose? or do I need to put it in the lake to be sure?

    So the buyers order only says manufacturer BRP model 61KA

    I paid $6000 OTD and I negotiated hard to get that. I drove an hour and a half to get to ski as it was the best deal in Florida that I could find on the HO 2up
    No need to put it in the water, sport mode should activate anyway, sounds like you got a 60 HP. Where I live all true 90 HP HO has iBR, not sure how that is in other markets.

  6. #6
    back to the dealership I called the service department just tell them I asked had a question about a ski I bought want to know if it's a 60 or 90. He said the best way is just to give him the h i n number. But she looked up and told me it was a 90. So he is going to take a look at it when I bring it in asked me if I had a right key on it told him I only got one key that's yellow key Katie said you should have gotten a Green Key and a yellow key will find out once I get there well I think

  7. #7
    Sorry for the mistyping I am using voice to text while driving

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-SWE View Post
    No need to put it in the water, sport mode should activate anyway, sounds like you got a 60 HP. Where I live all true 90 HP HO has iBR, not sure how that is in other markets.
    I bought a 2 up 90 HO without IBR brand new.

    I also only received a yellow key.

    I can get into sport mode easily, never an issue.

  9. #9
    Ok. Looks like they we're clueless. It took 2 service guess and 2 sales managers to figure out that I was correct and knew what I was talking about. The ski way only a 60 And not a ho 90. Now they have no hos in stock and are ready to make it right. So they'd are offering me the the trixx 3up hi for 1700 more or the gti 90 for 2400 more. I ahh going with the GTI90. hope I made the right choice.

  10. #10
    RiverRat71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Flint River, GA
    Posts
    491
    +1
    98
    It is sad the dealer is that incompetent. I think I would get my money back & find a dealer that didn't suck & get what I really wanted. Just my 2 cents. RR

  11. +1 by:


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2019 Yamaha VX Limited, 2019 VX Cruiser HO, same top speed? First post...new owner
    By JRod28 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-08-2019, 12:36 AM
  2. 2019 yamaha fx svho cruiser vs 2019 sea doo rxt x
    By Nb707 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2019, 02:35 PM
  3. Trade in 2016 rxt-x 300 for 2019 spark??
    By Wilton in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-01-2019, 10:08 AM
  4. 2019 Seadoo RXT 230 vs 2019 Yamaha FX SVHO ?
    By arctic388 in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2019, 12:57 AM
  5. 2019 Mark Hahn Memorial 300 February 23, 2019
    By Socaloffshore in forum Race Events and News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-27-2019, 06:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •