lost keys HELP MEEEE

I have a 2013 ultra lx that we lost all the keys for and the dealership wants me to replace the ecu and im not ready to do that yet so whats my options any help is helpfull

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chevyf1989 View Post
    I have a 2013 ultra lx that we lost all the keys for and the dealership wants me to replace the ecu and im not ready to do that yet so whats my options any help is helpfull
    I am not 100%..but I have read that is your only option.

3. +1 by:

+1
    There is at least one place that has been mentioned here that can match keys to your ECU without an existing key, but I can't remember the name. Do a search on this site.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by chevyf1989 View Post

keep looking for the keys

without one working key, you cannot start the "duplicate" key function on the ECU

yeah, sucks for anybody who hasn't seen the advice of keeping the slo key taped to the ski title

used ones with the keys ( btw the keys are $50+ each) are often seen on ebay for $400 or so. I'd go for the new one considering the risks involved ($550)

have the ecu hacked to reset it and insured freight is going to cost you just as much as you'll still need to buy two keys, but give them a call, prices could have dropped ( it's been a couple of years since I inquired)

every kawasaki that comes thru my place gets the "ecu saver service". I code MY ultra immobilizer key to the skis ecu in the event the keys go missing, so I can always make a new one.

if you bought the ski new, call the selling dealer, they _might_ have done something similar

really dumbass design, since it's my assumption that stolen watercraft are stripped and not ridden.

When I code keys for FOBIK trucks ( jeep mostly) my key machine has a built in 30 minute delay while unlocking the ecu to prevent unscrupulous key making.

yet its a good idea to cover the vin# if you park long term someplace. With the vin# you can get the codes to unlock the ecu's.

BTW, the average price of a replacement FOBIK key at a dealer is $400

shame dealers don't school customers on the key issues.

sorry the news isn't better, but this isn't exactly news, this BS has been going on for over ten years already

Thread Information