Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: conversion kaw

conversion kaw

has any ever done a kawasaki 310 conversion with a 1.8 shvo yanaha engine?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    has any ever done a kawasaki 310 conversion with a 1.8 shvo yanaha engine?
    yes its been done before ....... nicholas rios ( not sure on exact spelling ) didn't realy produce a ski that was that much faster..... he tried to run it at the MH300 and even tho he had a fast yami himself , the ski never ran reliably / long enough to prove to be any benefit …. Pasterello's 310 ( OEM Blower ) ski still beat it...… and had reliability

There are way better hulls that need that powerplant.

Quote Originally Posted by raven007 View Post
    There are way better hulls that need that powerplant.
    maybe..I have a good 16 310 r...I was thinking about gutting it and give it a transplant 1.8 svho with a stage 3, tough about turbo for a while but I would need to replace the rods and pistons...I like the way it cuts through the chop and if I could make it a reliable 78-79 mph ski like my 16 fx svho stage 3. I know it'll never get in the high 80's but it would b a fun ski at 78-79 and tuff to beat in the chop. probable should just sell it and get a 18+ rxt-x and do a stage 2 that would b a 79 mph ski and good in the chop and a lot less work. just kicking thing around.
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 08-12-2019 at 12:15 PM.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    If waz and I are thinking of the same boat Ruis built, it was a turbo 1.8 or 1.9 on a 250 hull. Ran at the Mark Hahn and lasted like 1 or 1.2 laps and blew up. It was fast while it lasted.

That being said, my memory of that specific event is a little hazy on account of all the gas fumes from the hot pits and the change in temp from like 38 degrees in the morning to 98 by the afternoon.

Im not sure about now but I always found it telling that most of the custom hulls back in the day were 15f based with bigger tunnels, or were ultra based and thinned to the point of needing treatment for an eating disorder.

I got a kick out of how they could run a yamaha or seadoo top deck and a kawi bottom but thats open and gp class for ya.

Sean

+1
    It won’t be worth the trouble. Even if you get it heavily built and working right you’ll end up with a less reliable 79-80mph ski. You’d be better off just keeping the stock motor and put that money into mods. (ECU flash, lighter/smaller blower pulley, 300 pistons, ride plate, etc.) you can get mid-high 70s with a brutal holeshot with a lot less money or trouble than doing an engine swap.

Quote Originally Posted by DH300 View Post
    It won’t be worth the trouble. Even if you get it heavily built and working right you’ll end up with a less reliable 79-80mph ski. You’d be better off just keeping the stock motor and put that money into mods. (ECU flash, lighter/smaller blower pulley, 300 pistons, ride plate, etc.) you can get mid-high 70s with a brutal holeshot with a lot less money or trouble than doing an engine swap.
    I had all that done...the flash I had from R&D was junk...maybe a riva map tune would work better with the parts I have. I was trying to work with glen to get it fix and he shut his doors so here I am. when I had the ski built with the R&D 16 lb s/c kit and ecu it would run 76.8 and got there fast. but it ran so rich u had to change the oil every 3-4 hrs so I took every thing off and had the ecu re flash to the R&D r3 but it still ran rich as hell. to tell the truth I don't think he knew what he was doing or didn't care ether way Im sol...the ski still has good compression and leak down is 2-3%. just need a good tune for the parts I have, the kaw sits most of the time. im on my Yamaha fx svho stage 3 most of the time, its a good build and doesn't miss a beat.
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 08-15-2019 at 05:49 PM.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    I had all that done...the flash I had from R&D was junk...maybe a riva map tune would work better with the parts I have. I was trying to work with glen to get it fix and he shut his doors so here I am. when I had the ski built with the R&D 16 lb s/c kit and ecu it would run 76.8 and got there fast. but it ran so rich u had to change the oil every 3-4 hrs so I took every thing off and had the ecu re flash to the R&D r3 but it still ran rich as hell. to tell the truth I don't think he knew what he was doing or didn't care ether way Im sol...the ski still has good compression and leak down is 2-3%. just need a good tune for the parts I have, the kaw sits most of the time. im on my Yamaha fx svho stage 3 most of the time, its a good build and doesn't miss a beat.
    My first thought would be to ditch the stock ecu and run a standalone, so many issues can be dealt with if you actually have a way to tune it rather than dealing with someone elses idea of a good tune.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    My first thought would be to ditch the stock ecu and run a standalone, so many issues can be dealt with if you actually have a way to tune it rather than dealing with someone elses idea of a good tune.

Sean
    agree...but how much r u talking for a stand alone 2-3k? if I could get a good place to place to put the o2 sensor would help. then I think I could run a map tune and get jssus to map a tune for it. he said he could help me. the tune he gave me for my fx worked good. where I have the o2 sensor on the kaw is not a good place...I get one run and then its trash.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post

Sean
    I agree to a point sean..
    90% of so called tuners and 99% of ski owner could not create a safe map if their life depended on it...... there are good tunes out there for all makes and models using OEM ECUs.... in reality a standalone vs a well mapped OEM ECU will produce basically zero big gains unless someone has some SERIOUS mods....
    I'm talking about normal rec/grudge racer...
    The secret is the logging data ... not the tune

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information