Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

To buy or not to buy ?

Most of you know the problems i had with my 2 2019 310's..

Kawasaki has since purchased those skis back and paid off our loans.

I have found dealers willing to let us test ride new skis before finalizing purchase.

From what ive gathered, other people experiencing our problems also had them right out of the crate. The skis are either good or bad not developing the problem after the fact.

I have several emails into kmc asking about the fuel pumps, whether we should wait until 2020 if its safe to buy water tested skis, with no answers.

Found exactly what were looking for but of course do not want to wind up 2 more problems....
    Last edited by Chris288; 08-09-2019 at 03:18 PM.

I would wait for the 2020 boats. Personally your experience would sour me on 2019s.

+1
    I was thinking about buying a 2019 leftover at the end of the year. Not now.

so far there are my 2 skis, 2 skis in Australia and 2 members who came here and haven't responded since, one pm'd me and i told him to call me, no answer from the 2 guys here on the board with only a post or 2 each...

went to pick up my empty trailer today... was told yet again there is a new kawi ski for 2020....

come on Ultra 350R with IBR and Ride 80mph scom only....

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    ~ 8 weeks until the 2020s are released. 80 mph ? Are we hoping for a bigger motor or 25lbs of boost or both ?

Kawi csr responded,,, kmc techs. In cali are confident its NOT the fuel pump assy.

Chris288 this is getting stranger by the day! The problem has to be in one of these 3 areas:

1. Fuel
    2. Spark
    3. Air

If they are saying it's not the Fuel Pump, then to me it has to be in the "Spark" area (ECU, Spark Plug connections, Wire groundings, etc).

As far as number 3 goes, I guess it's possible that during assembly somebody could have left a shop rag in the Air Intake by accident . . . this would cause the Ski to run erratically. But still seems like a long shot to me.

Like you, I am seriously considering another Ultra, so I am following this thread closely. I hope to learn something from this to tell you the truth. JB

Quote Originally Posted by TMiller View Post
    ~ 8 weeks until the 2020s are released. 80 mph ? Are we hoping for a bigger motor or 25lbs of boost or both ?

TURBO !

Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    Chris288 this is getting stranger by the day! The problem has to be in one of these 3 areas:

1. Fuel
    2. Spark
    3. Air

If they are saying it's not the Fuel Pump, then to me it has to be in the "Spark" area (ECU, Spark Plug connections, Wire groundings, etc).

As far as number 3 goes, I guess it's possible that during assembly somebody could have left a shop rag in the Air Intake by accident . . . this would cause the Ski to run erratically. But still seems like a long shot to me.

Like you, I am seriously considering another Ultra, so I am following this thread closely. I hope to learn something from this to tell you the truth. JB

From day 1 kawi has remained steadfast its the ecu. Each of the 3 i tried acted quite differently, the ecu from the 2015 ultra lx was the best and made the 310x run almost 100% and the 310r was much better.

+1
    The parts book shows that the 2019 and the 2015 use the same ECU, 21175-0974. And there is no superseded number.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information