Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Need 4010448 CDI box for 99 slth 700

Hello! Iíve got a 1999 slth 700 and I need to replace my upgraded cdi. It is part number 4010448. Any one have one? Thanks -Matt

+1
    I have a good used 4010449 updated cdi. It's listed in the classified section and I have it on ebay also. Looking for $175 shipped for it. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

I believe the 448 CDI was primarily for the 2-seater hulls/hurricane and had 2 degrees more low-end timing.

Thanks but really looking for the exact piece. Have been having to many problems with this ski so I want to give it exactly what it wants haha. Thanks again though -Matt

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarismatt View Post
    Thanks but really looking for the exact piece. Have been having to many problems with this ski so I want to give it exactly what it wants haha. Thanks again though -Matt
    That 449 that Throttleout has is basically the same part. It will work just like 448.

+1
    What other issues are you having with the ski? Are you sure the CDI has failed? Perhaps we can help you troubleshoot it and confirm that's your issue before you sink any money into it.

Good plan. So it has the updated ignition, so it only sparks when each cylinder is at top. Whereas old analog had wasted spark as well, when cylinder is at bottom. And I believe the cdi failed because the front cylinder will run off either coil. But rear cylinder will not run off either. It has gas and oil but the spark ignited only when the cylinder is at the bottom. So ski is only running on the front cylinder. 3mph :/.

Also compression is good in both cylinders and even between the two

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    ... So it has the updated ignition, so it only sparks when each cylinder is at top. Whereas old analog had wasted spark as well, when cylinder is at bottom.

And I believe the cdi failed because the front cylinder will run off either coil. But rear cylinder will not run off either. It has gas and oil but the spark ignited only when the cylinder is at the bottom. So ski is only running on the front cylinder. 3mph :/.
    The updated Gen III ignition system utilizes a single ignition coil and the wasted spark method. Both spark plugs fire together whenever either cylinder needs spark.

The old ignition system was separate ignition coils for each cylinder).

In both designs there are separate Hall Effect sensors to trigger spark for each cylinder. And separate Ďchannelsí through the CDI to fire the ignition coil. If a Hall Effect sensor has failed then the corresponding cylinder will not produce power.

Same result if one channel inside the CDI has failed.

Good information, thanks. Are the hall sensors located in the cdi? Are they serviceable. How can I test the sensor or cdi? And is there a way to repair a cdi?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    ... Are the hall sensors located in the cdi? Are they serviceable. How can I test the sensor or cdi? ...
    Have you seen this web page?
    http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl....t-things-to-do

Hall Effect sensors are part of the magneto stator, inside the flywheel.

Click the above link and find the section for the red domestic engines. Then find the links for testing the magneto stators.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information