Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SandMan234 View Post
    My carbon seal failed on my 2019 GTR 230 at 10 hours too, that must be the point at which the faulty seals tend to go bad. My dealer replaced under warranty and I've been fine, have about 45 hours on it now (all in one season). Lots of start/stop for wake/tow sports too.
    Is the inside of your hull completely stained like mine? The Dealer scratched the shit out of both our reverse buckets and my buddy's steering nozzle.....we are not happy.

This carbon seal is a concerning issue. I hope Sea Doo comes up with a NEW part that's consistent and durable. I'm just perplexed that some fail at 10hours and some will last 300hours. I hope someone comes up with a good reason why this part is failing, therefore sinking our Sea Doos. I thought running the engine out of the water for more than 30secs weakens the seal. So, I make sure I only flush the engine up to 30secs. I have 15hrs on my RXTX and ever since I heard this part fails, i'm constantly monitoring and worried on every ride. I even installed an after market bilge pump, just in case. So, owning a Sea Doo is less than major excitement.

Let's hope BRP hears our cries and steps up their customer service and develop a superior part. I jumped ship to Seadoo from Yamaha and I'm having fun on my RXTX, but I shouldn't be always worried. Come on BRP give us MAJOR Excitement!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SocalFun View Post
    I'm just perplexed that some fail at 10hours and some will last 300hours.
    330 hours and counting on my original carbon seal.

Just had it checked while at the dealer getting the pump rebuilt; it's still good to go.

Looks like either there was a bad batch manufactured, or Julio misaligned a lot of drive shafts at the factory this year.

Is the inside of your hull completely stained like mine? The Dealer scratched the shit out of both our reverse buckets and my buddy's steering nozzle.....we are not happy
    yea it looked just like that when it failed. The dealer was nice enough to clean out the hull for me, and luckily didn’t scratch anything. I do have a couple nicks on my reverse buckets too from beaching, does anyone’s know if touch up paint will work?

+1
    I think Jose Gonzales was the one putting on the carbon seals...they fired Julio because he was eating jalapenos on the job....

I have 85ish hours on my 2018 gtx 300 original carbon seal.....there is obvious black line but never any water or salt residue in the hull....How is the best way to check for when to replace it, or make sure I wont have any issues? Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information