Considering buying a 2007 Honda Aquatrax 1200 Turbo PWC comparing to other 4 stroke?

I just found a clean 07 Honda ski with only 85 hours for $3700 and am thinking of buying it or a 08 Yamaha FXHO supercharged with 91 hours for $5k or a Kawa STX 12F with 97 hours for $3500.

I am looking for reliability and logevity first and foremost. Low cost of ownership and performance after that. Which ski would you go with at the price points? All are good shape with normal wear and tear.

+1
    Look first they dont make them anymore theirs a reason for that . Hard to get parts for hard to find anyone that will work on them .

3. +1 by:

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    out of those three, go with the yammie

hondas had problem with exhaust manifold rot and replacements finally became available just last year
    12f kawasaki had piston breakage issues and motors are very expensive and hard to find

with regular maintenance you can get 500+ hours out of the yamaha

Honda Quality

Quote Originally Posted by james gp1300 View Post
    Look first they dont make them anymore theirs a reason for that . Hard to get parts for hard to find anyone that will work on them .
    The reason they are no longer made has nothing to do with quality. The Honda build quality was and still is the best. The recession was the reason. They were overpriced and when people shop for a ski they usually buy more on price than any other reason. That is why you see so many Sea Doo GTI's and Yamaha 800's on the water.

Jet ski international has any part you need and can get anything for them. They are not hard to work on. You can pull the whole motor in about 90 mins. Just maintain the ski as you are suppose to and you can get 800 hours out of them.

The Kawasaki will be the most trouble free if the Honda is a turbo. If not. I would get the Honda. Naturally aspirated skis are less trouble prone. No supercharger that need rebuilt or turbo"s to cause issues.

+1
    Yamaha hands down, dont even look at the others. I used to own 3 f12x, 2 I sold last season and replaced with F-15x, the exhaust manifold failed on 1 hours after we sold it. My 3rd F12x had the exhaust manifold rot out this season. They are all getting to that age where the exhaust manifolds will be going. Mine were clean, fresh water machines. Never left in the water, well maintained.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

Considering buying a 2007 Honda Aquatrax 1200 Turbo PWC comparing to other 4 stroke?

Luckily for Honda aqua tracks owners they fired up the production line and made a new batch of exhaust manifolds as that is likely in my opinion the number one failure point on those skis no matter what you do they are going to leak

Thread Information