Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm always torn with decisions like this. Because more power is my default mode. But I also don't want to be at all limited by things like availability of fuel. the wife will spend a lot of time on the ski with me and she is by no means an adrenaline junkie. During those times will be exploring places and trying to get as much fuel mileage as possible.

So as long as I'm not buying antiquated technology that's going to get replaced in 6 months, I think I'll spend the extra $1,000 in things like the ski and x modules and tow pylon.

On that note, can the rear dock tie cleat be used for pulling a tube? Or is the ski pylon a necessity?

Quote Originally Posted by SnackCracker View Post
    230 vs 300

As an owner of a pair of 2018 300's, the availability of fuel is probably the biggest consideration between the two. The 300 requires 91 octane while the 230 is happy with 87. Both are plenty quick to be fun, the 300 is just stupid fast.
    My solution to this (besides the LINQ gas can), is to carry a bottle of Lucas octane booster, which is adds about 4 to the octane #. Not a super elegant solution, lol- but itíll do in a pinch, if the place you pull up to only sells 87.

I bought 2 14 gallon gas caddies that have gas pump handles and rollers and just fill them up and throw them on the back of the truck. They were like $89 each shipped. That's essentially 2 fill ups for my RXT X. That was my solution to sourcing out 93 oct gas for my 300 on a lake without 93 oct pumps.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BMist371 View Post
    I bought 2 14 gallon gas caddies that have gas pump handles and rollers and just fill them up and throw them on the back of the truck. They were like $89 each shipped. That's essentially 2 fill ups for my RXT X. That was my solution to sourcing out 93 oct gas for my 300 on a lake without 93 oct pumps.

Yeah, I have two of the LinQ cans for on the water and two Flo-Fast 15 gallon jugs with the Flo-Fast pump that I transport via the truck and use on the dock.

https://flofast.com/product/flo-fast...lon-container/

https://flofast.com/product/flo-fast...al-model-pump/

Not ideal, but it was the most robust portable solution I could devise. I also keep a can of octane booster in each of my skis in case I need to buy fuel on the water.

Yeah, I have two of the LinQ cans for on the water and two Flo-Fast 15 gallon jugs with the Flo-Fast pump that I transport via the truck and use on the dock.

https://flofast.com/product/flo-fast...lon-container/

https://flofast.com/product/flo-fast...al-model-pump/

Not ideal, but it was the most robust portable solution I could devise. I also keep a can of octane booster in each of my skis in case I need to buy fuel on the water.
    These are what I use.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Scepter-06792...SABEgLkr_D_BwE

+1
    I thought about those but so many reviewers complained about them leaking and the way my EZ-Dock / EZ-Port is set up gravity feed was going to be a major PITA. I also didn't like that the pump was integrated into the container as once there's an issue the entire thing is essentially useless and it seemed that the hose exiting the container could be vulnerable to being damaged while transporting in the bed of my truck. The Flo-Fast pump is an actual pump so I can have the can sitting below the tank and it pumps without issue. Also, the pump is reversible, so if I start to overfill I can simply crank it the other way and suck the fuel out and back into the can. THis also make it super simple to clear the hose of any fuel and avoid any spillage.

I thought about those but so many reviewers complained about them leaking and the way my EZ-Dock / EZ-Port is set up gravity feed was going to be a major PITA. I also didn't like that the pump was integrated into the container as once there's an issue the entire thing is essentially useless and it seemed that the hose exiting the container could be vulnerable to being damaged while transporting in the bed of my truck. The Flo-Fast pump is an actual pump so I can have the can sitting below the tank and it pumps without issue. Also, the pump is reversible, so if I start to overfill I can simply crank it the other way and suck the fuel out and back into the can. THis also make it super simple to clear the hose of any fuel and avoid any spillage.
    They leak because of the crappy factory clamps. I bought some metal clamps for them and not an issue out of either since I replaced the crappy clamps.

They also aren't just grav feed when youre squeezing the handle it also acts as a pump.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information