Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned User
    +1
    I ended up Hulking it out I know, but I wasnt gonna loose another Transducer, I got up to 63 MPH today and it worked fine all the way up, I also went with the Metal Mount like Pro10IS showed in his thread... Its tough as nails now it wont go anywhere, I know I ended up drilling four holes, but I wanted the adjustability of the plasttic block. all the screw holes were also sealed as well... Im happy now its a great unit for only 200 bucks...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Transducer.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	452461  

2. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    It was a nice day in Jupiter this morning

Name:	Garmin 44cv in Jupiter.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	452463   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jupiter on the water.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	452464  

How did you mount the GPS screen?

From the picture it looks like it’s mounted way far under the hull. When I’ve put transducers on my boat they only stick down past the hull less than a couple inches

I have a Lowrance Hook Reveal mounted on my GTX 155. I am having an issue with the transducer reading at speed. As soon as I get on plane I get issues with it holding bottom. It looks like everyone has mounted their transducer very low and has the entire transducer under water. I have mine setup to "skim" the water like most everyone on boats say to mount them.

For those of you that have the transducer mounted below the hull can you show us some pics from the side and how far yours is down below the hull?

I have attached a pic of mine.

Name:	IMG_20200321_130349.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	119.8 KB 
ID:	459665  

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by philbbar715 View Post
    ... issue with the transducer reading at speed. As soon as I get on plane I get issues with it holding bottom. ... I have mine setup to "skim" the water like most everyone on boats say to mount them.
    I have attached a pic of mine.
    Is your transducer mounted behind any under-hull contours? Hull strakes, ridges, edge of ride plate, intake grate?

What does the water stream look like at speed, as it passes around and under the transducer?

PWC is not a boat. Among other things, there is a big pump inlet that agressively draws water up from underneath the hull, so the water flow differs from a boat hull where all the water passing underneath is still there at the transom.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Is your transducer mounted behind any under-hull contours? Hull strakes, ridges, edge of ride plate, intake grate?

What does the water stream look like at speed, as it passes around and under the transducer?

PWC is not a boat. Among other things, there is a big pump inlet that agressively draws water up from underneath the hull, so the water flow differs from a boat hull where all the water passing underneath is still there at the transom.
    I picked the location where there are no strakes/steps/ridges and away from the rideplate. Basically halfway between the rideplate and far right edge of the transom. Its hard to tell from my photo (i'll grab a better photo tonight).

I have a hard time looking at the water stream at the back when underway. Best I can do is turn my head for a few seconds and look from the drivers position. (any other suggestions)? From what I can tell its all white/bubbles/turbulence. That is why I am thinking I need to lower mine and hopefully get it fully submerged and in clean water.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by philbbar715 View Post
    ...all white/bubbles/turbulence. That is why I am thinking I need to lower mine and hopefully get it fully submerged and in clean water.
    Try angling it down relative to the hull transom. Might takle some experimenting with vertical offset and sensor angle.

You may also find the side-to-side location on the transom needs to change.

Look at the other side, without transducer, to get an idea where the water flow might be cleaner.

On my own GP1800 I have the sonar sensor centered directly below the jet pump nozzle.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post3010226

I love that mounting! On the SeaDoos the rideplate is used as a heat exchanger so i cant screw through it to mount the transducer. However I may try some epoxy/sealant/glue and glue it on the rideplate.

Does anyone have any suggestions for mounting a transducer to the rideplate on a Sea-Doo without drilling holes through it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information