Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

In need of assistance...

iím gonna start off by saying thank you to all of those that have helped me on this forum. you have helped my get an old neglected machine up and running. i just need a little more help from yíall to get her runnin great. so on my 1994 SLT 750 i cleaned the carburetors, upgraded to triple outlet fuel pump, and replaced the old cracked brittle fuel lines inside the gas tank. at this point the jet ski starts right up idles very smooth and well, my issue is that it bogs down when transitioning from low speed to high speed, and when accelerating too fast, if you accelerate at a slow pace itís fine. once you get into the high speed it blasts and is fine, however after a while at WOT the rpms drop and it doesnít run as strong at full throttle. i know that all of this is likely because of it running lean, however i am lost at this point because iíve already replaced most of the fuel system and adjusted the highs and lows all over the place. the condition seems to improve when i back out the low speed screws, however they are already out almost a full two turns, compared to the factory 1/2 turn. leading me to believe it is getting too much air, just not sure where from. any help is much appreciated. please put any responses into terms a 16 year old would understand, as i am actually only 16 🤣

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1994slt750 View Post
    i’m gonna start off by saying thank you to all of those that have helped me on this forum. you have helped my get an old neglected machine up and running. i just need a little more help from y’all to get her runnin great. so on my 1994 SLT 750 i cleaned the carburetors, upgraded to triple outlet fuel pump, and replaced the old cracked brittle fuel lines inside the gas tank. at this point the jet ski starts right up idles very smooth and well, my issue is that it bogs down when transitioning from low speed to high speed, and when accelerating too fast, if you accelerate at a slow pace it’s fine. once you get into the high speed it blasts and is fine, however after a while at WOT the rpms drop and it doesn’t run as strong at full throttle. i know that all of this is likely because of it running lean, however i am lost at this point because i’ve already replaced most of the fuel system and adjusted the highs and lows all over the place. the condition seems to improve when i back out the low speed screws, however they are already out almost a full two turns, compared to the factory 1/2 turn. leading me to believe it is getting too much air, just not sure where from. any help is much appreciated. please put any responses into terms a 16 year old would understand, as i am actually only 16 藍
    Why did you change the low and high speed settings?

+1
    Lots to do, starting with Rebuild the carbs. Then tune them... It will cost $$$$

i adjusted them as necessary after i rebuilt the carbs.

again?? i just did a week ago

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFishCrisis View Post
    Lots to do, starting with Rebuild the carbs. Then tune them... It will cost $$$$
    again?? i just did about. a week ago

Quote Originally Posted by Drkvampire2001 View Post
    Why did you change the low and high speed settings?
    i adjusted them as necessary after i rebuilt the carbs

+1
    i adjusted them as necessary after i rebuilt the carbs
    there is no reason to adust them after rebuilding the carbs, start by putting them back to stock settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Drkvampire2001 View Post
    there is no reason to adust them after rebuilding the carbs, start by putting them back to stock settings.
    it still seems like it’s running lean when at stock settings and doesn’t idle very well. any ideas on the reason for this?

+1
    it still seems like it’s running lean when at stock settings and doesn’t idle very well. any ideas on the reason for this?
    You can adjust the idle speed at the cable on the carb, there should be an adjustment there, RPM should be roughly 3K on land, or 1,500 +/- 100

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information