2008 Kawasaki 250x . Plastic in intercooler

I took my intercooler off today to clean it and found plastic inside ? At first I thought it was consistency of a plastic bag , but itís a little thicker. The problem Iím have is rpms only going to 5 and boost only to 5. 36 miles per hour top speed . Runs a bit rough after about a hour. When I first start it up it for a second goes to 45 and then drops down . Second half of throttle isnít there . Runs fairly well other wise . I didnít pay a lot for the thing so Iím not interested in rebuilding the entire ski. I read as many posts on here and changed out the bov for a plate . Checked the belt but canít find the tool on the net . In the process of changing plugs . What the hell is the plastic ? I will try to post pic

Pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9FC16F08-7B7F-404C-B627-62932F4BBDFB.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	451471  

think id look at your super charger .

4. +1 by:

+1
    It’s likely the Teflon coating from your supercharger rotors peeling. You need to checkout your supercharger asap

6. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by Clayspiveyfish View Post
    I took my intercooler off today to clean it and found plastic inside ? At first I thought it was consistency of a plastic bag , but it’s a little thicker. The problem I’m have is rpms only going to 5 and boost only to 5. 36 miles per hour top speed . Runs a bit rough after about a hour. When I first start it up it for a second goes to 45 and then drops down . Second half of throttle isn’t there . Runs fairly well other wise . I didn’t pay a lot for the thing so I’m not interested in rebuilding the entire ski. I read as many posts on here and changed out the bov for a plate . Checked the belt but can’t find the tool on the net . In the process of changing plugs . What the hell is the plastic ? I will try to post pic
    Did you sort this out??? My 250 started dropping rpm, speed and boost yesterday and I pulled the intercooler off and it was full of sludgey oily water shit. so cleaned it out and going to try again today.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SEDUCE View Post
    Did you sort this out??? My 250 started dropping rpm, speed and boost yesterday and I pulled the intercooler off and it was full of sludgey oily water shit. so cleaned it out and going to try again today.
    That happened from time to time, as long as you get all the gunk out and check the core for leaks it will pick back up.

Sea.

Thread Information