Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Buying a new Sea Doo and can't decide

I'm new to the forum and wanted to say Hi first and foremost. I'm in the market to buy a new PWC and can't decide on what I want. I was looking into the Fish Pro but I don't like color or the fact that its doesn't have a motor upgrade. I understand that its built for gas consumption and reliability but I would still like to use it for recreation and going fast. I was considering buying the Sea Doo Limited GTX 300 and getting the Fish finder and the cooler with the rod attachments. What to do?? Which one to buy? HELP!! Your opinions matter and would help me.
    THANKS!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by str8shootr View Post
    I'm new to the forum and wanted to say Hi first and foremost. I'm in the market to buy a new PWC and can't decide on what I want. I was looking into the Fish Pro but I don't like color or the fact that its doesn't have a motor upgrade. I understand that its built for gas consumption and reliability but I would still like to use it for recreation and going fast. I was considering buying the Sea Doo Limited GTX 300 and getting the Fish finder and the cooler with the rod attachments. What to do?? Which one to buy? HELP!! Your opinions matter and would help me.
    THANKS!!
    When considering buying a PWC, the first thing to do is determine what type of riding you'll be doing and go from there.

If had the money, a GTX 300 with Fish finder would be the choice.

I bought the fish pro with no intent of fishing, I'm looking to have fun on the water with the longest range, best reliability and most comfort. The fish pro seat is much more comfortable to me in both the driver and passenger position since its so flat. After using the depth finder and gps combo I could never own another watercraft without them. The larger fuel tank and extended platform is also a winning combo. When pricing adding all the fish pro options to another model plus taking into account resale later the fish pro was a no brainer to me. Came from a 3 up spark prior, we already tow a tube and plan to ski behind it once I get the ski module installed.

I want The faster ski but the reliability of the fish pro. On another forum I was reading that the newer SC Motors from Sea Doo aren’t reliable. Is there any truth to that or is that just Yamaha lovers being mean?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    ... On another forum I was reading that the newer SC Motors from Sea Doo arenít reliable. ...
    Define Ďnewerí. 2019 model year?

I'm not sure now that you ask. I just assumed they were talking about 2019's but maybe the previous gen. I'll see if I can find the thread.

I looked at the Yamaha FX limited yesterday. Beautiful ski. I want fast fun carving ski and fishing second. I cant decide between the Yam FX Limited and the Sea Doo GTX300. I'll have to narrow down the pros and cons of both. I overthink things and give myself to many options and cant pick. I do it with everything.

+1
    I have ‘14 GTI SE 130 and have thrown around the notion of going to look for another one this year as well... a few times. But then I always come to what turned me off at the beginning of the season; That damn second-rate display. Hopefully the 2020’s address that, and then maybe I’ll bite

THANKS!!
    I am also looking to buy a new pwc. After,much research, Iíve found its best to start with a motor with enough power to the point I wonít have to upgrade right away, if at all. Itís not easy or cheap to upgrade the lesser motors. In fact the majority of Aftermarket parts seem to be for the 300hp Sea-doos and Yamaha SVHO equipped skis.

You say you like to go fast, just like I do. I would say out of those two models you suggested, go with the Gtx300. It will have plenty of power and you can easily add accessories. The Fish pro will never have enough power. Even if Riva made an intake, exhaust and Maptuner, it will not have the power of the 300. I have looked for Rxt 230 parts on Rivas website and didnít find much. The 230 is a mild performance model, so if there is limited availability of parts for it, I doubt there is much for the Fish.

As far as Seadoos go, Iím interested In the Rxt 300 because the seat doesnít have the extra divider on the seat and the color is more tolerable. I canít stand the brown seat on the Gtx 300. Honestly I like the colors of the rxt230 but want the power of the 300.

The next problem I have are the assembly mistakes with these Seadoos assembled in Mexico. When I buy a new vehicle, I donít expect to have problems right away. The warranty isnít going to help me and my Wife if we are stranded in the middle of Lake Powell, where there is no phone reception. I keep reading about carbon seals, steering issues and starters going out with just a few hours on the ski.

The reasons I am considering Seadoo are the direct front storage, Bluetooth speakers and the Linq system.

Ive had several Yamaha motorcycles and quads over the years and all have been reliable. I am seriously considering a GP1800 with Svho motor. The power, reliability and aftermarket support make it an excellent choice. Storage is very limited. I can live without the Bluetooth speakers.

As for Kawasaki, I rented a Stx15 recently and canít stand the manual reverse. From what Iíve read, all Kawasakis have manual reverse. That said I will not buy from them.

Good luck.

I have a 2019 RXT X 300. No issues with the ski itself so far. Had some SCOM troubles, but those seem to be Riva issues with the SCOM not working properly. I would recommend buying the 2020 model since it now comes with a larger gas tank for longer range. Range is my only complaint with my 2019 so far after 11 hrs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information