Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    This is simply incorrect, check the facts.

The 2018-2020 GTX-300 is essentially the exact same ski as the 2018-2020 RXT X-300. The major differences are the color schemes, graphics, option packages, and the seat. The 300 HP engine, the ST3 hull, and most everything else is virtually exactly the same with the exception of the sponsons. The GTX comes standard with more options, but you can add these same options to the RXTX.

With the new 2019 Ski and X Package Module, you can now easily add the exact same full Lanch Control features as the RXTX to the 2018-2020 GTX.

With the various options available now, as well as parts you can buy from Sea-Doo, you can get the same features on either a GTX or an RXTX because they're essentially clones of each other.

As far as carving goes, the RXTX sponsons can easily be swapped onto the GTX, but the GTX still carves excellently with its less aggressive sponsons while giving a bit more stability. Since you can swap sponsons, it's your choice based upon your preferences. You can also buy aftermarket sponsons for the GTX to carve however you like.

The GTX seat is more comfortable than the RXTX seat. If you like fishing, for 2020 they've even added a fishing seat option for the GTX if that's of interest. You can also get the same floorboard wedges as on the Fish-Pro as an option.

For 2020 you get the larger capacity fuel tank if maximum range is important to you. You can also add the larger tank to a 2018-2019 GTX/RXT if you want. Full instructions are in the forum.

The GTX-300 is definitely no "Buick", it's simply a very slightly modified RXTX-300 for people who like both going as fast as possible and Touring. The silver/brown color scheme looks incredible on the water, I get all kinds of compliments on it as well as gorgeous 20 something girls begging me for rides on mine. If you don't like the brown seat, the 2020 GTX has a new silver seat.

Go onto the Sea-Doo website and do a build of a RXT-X and a GTX to see all the options and specs. You'll see this is all true. Even the Fish-Pro is similar. You can turn any 2018-2020 GTX or RXT-X essentially into a Fish-Pro, even one with a 300 HP motor. There are full instruction on how to do that in this forum.
    Oem sponsons from RXTX and GTX have a diff whole pattern so they all need to be re drilled and the old ones filled ask me .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3338.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	453817Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3268.jpg 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	453818

+1

Buying a new Sea Doo and can't decide

Quote Originally Posted by 05_RXP View Post
    like I said educating yourself and looking for the signs goes along way. They do not happen instantly. People just play the ignorance card to often. I will give you snapping a shaft would be harder to tell but there still are warnings but that is very rare unless running big power.
    You stand correct , there are tell tell signs of carbon ring hat wobble indicating there is a pending issue before the C clip groove on the shaft just gives way and submarine more is activated .

I have a 2019 GTX Limited 300 that I fish regularly on. It is a great platform for fishing but makes an even better platform for water sports. We tube, ski and kneeboard with it frequently and it does an amazing job.

While I do like to fish from it, I am thinking of buying a Fish Pro as well. I like the lower HP non supercharged option and I don't need to do 70MPH to get to the fishing spots. The GTX Limited 300 is very thirsty but in ECO Mode it drinks far less fuel. Plus, I feel guilty getting fish slime, blood and guts on my beautiful GTX Limited! Just seems wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    Oem sponsons from RXTX and GTX have a diff whole pattern so they all need to be re drilled and the old ones filled ask me .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3338.jpg 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	453817Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3268.jpg 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	453818
    People here rebuild engines. Drilling and filling in a few holes is nothing. There are also aftermarket sponsons for the GTX. Changing sponsons is relatively easy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information