Hey
    So reading proformamce articals on here

To adjust the cable to 100%
    Where do I do the adjustment
    So that I donít loose my free play and chance my oil pump setting
    Also do I have to change the tps
    Thanks

+1
    The service manual sets forth the procedure clearly. I'm assuming with the number and depth of your posts, you have a copy,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    The service manual sets forth the procedure clearly. I'm assuming with the number and depth of your posts, you have a copy,
    I do. Will check it out, sometime manualls are good, but sometimes opinions are good to,

+1
    Main question is can I adjust the cable slack to open the butterflies to 100%
    Will this affect the tps. Or does it have to done by software

+1
    You can adjust the cable so the butterflies are fully open. However, in my experience, when I've done so, there is still tension on the throttle cable when released to idle. This may or may not impact idle speed, but it will certainly result in premature failure of the throttle cable. So, as set forth in the manual, you'll adjust the throttle cable for a bit of free play at the throttle flipper when in the released state.

The oil pump cable is adjusted so the index marks on the cable arm and the casting align. I and I believe many others, adjust this cable so the index marks are slightly mis-aligned, by the width of the index mark, to the rich position. This results in slightly more oil being delivered to the engine, for a given throttle position, with an indiscernible performance sacrifice and increase in emissions.

You'll need an inspection mirror to see the oil pump index marks when the engine is in the hull. I try to make it a point to make this adjustment when I have the engine on the bench.

There is no adjustment for the TPS within Digital Wrench (DW). The only adjustment would be in the opening slop of the mounting screw holes, which is pretty much indiscernible. I don't know if the EMM "learns" the idle position of the TPS on startup or if it is looking for a specific voltage range for idle. They've always idled fine, so if it isn't broke, why fix it?

I think you're expending a lot effort to squeeze that 100% throttle plate opening which, in reality, will not gain you anything. On every direct injected watercraft I've owned, the EMM limits the upper RPM before I've reached wide open of the throttle plates. The last 1/4" of travel of the throttle flipper has no impact when running at sustained maximum RPM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    You can adjust the cable so the butterflies are fully open. However, in my experience, when I've done so, there is still tension on the throttle cable when released to idle. This may or may not impact idle speed, but it will certainly result in premature failure of the throttle cable. So, as set forth in the manual, you'll adjust the throttle cable for a bit of free play at the throttle flipper when in the released state.

The oil pump cable is adjusted so the index marks on the cable arm and the casting align. I and I believe many others, adjust this cable so the index marks are slightly mis-aligned, by the width of the index mark, to the rich position. This results in slightly more oil being delivered to the engine, for a given throttle position, with an indiscernible performance sacrifice and increase in emissions.

You'll need an inspection mirror to see the oil pump index marks when the engine is in the hull. I try to make it a point to make this adjustment when I have the engine on the bench.

There is no adjustment for the TPS within Digital Wrench (DW). The only adjustment would be in the opening slop of the mounting screw holes, which is pretty much indiscernible. I don't know if the EMM "learns" the idle position of the TPS on startup or if it is looking for a specific voltage range for idle. They've always idled fine, so if it isn't broke, why fix it?

I think you're expending a lot effort to squeeze that 100% throttle plate opening which, in reality, will not gain you anything. On every direct injected watercraft I've owned, the EMM limits the upper RPM before I've reached wide open of the throttle plates. The last 1/4" of travel of the throttle flipper has no impact when running at sustained maximum RPM.
    K thanks for that

+1
    Update
    I did adjust it to 100%
    I did get my max rpm but yes as above stated the cable does have a lot more tension I think I am going to adjust it slightly looser and still get my max rpm. It deffenly can be over tight then what it needs to be ,

Thread Information