2019 kawasaki ultra 310x issues

I just bought a brand new kawasaki 310x. It only has1 hour on it. When i hit the throttle it bogs out and then takes off. It also did this when i hit mid 40's mph and it wouldn't go any faster. Any ideas on why this would happen. Does the ski have a break in feature that won't allow it to top out until so many hours have been met?

2. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverguy45 View Post
    I just bought a brand new kawasaki 310x. It only has1 hour on it. When i hit the throttle it bogs out and then takes off. It also did this when i hit mid 40's mph and it wouldn't go any faster. Any ideas on why this would happen. Does the ski have a break in feature that won't allow it to top out until so many hours have been met?
    Take it back to the dealer....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane1000 View Post
    Take it back to the dealer....
    It sounds like the supercharger belt is slipping...either from water or not enough tension on the belt.....
    If that is the case...the engine and the supercharger are not turning the correct RPM for that to work.....IMHO

I did have a small cooler in the front storage compartment that spilled a lil bit of water into the engine compartment. Could that have been the issue?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverguy45 View Post
    I did have a small cooler in the front storage compartment that spilled a lil bit of water into the engine compartment. Could that have been the issue?
    You tell us ..... take cooler out.... dry all water from hull ..... test ride .... lol

+1
    Did you sort it out yet?

good luck, hope its not that same as my brand new 2019 310's

I have a 2019 Ultra 310R which has bogged down since i first took it off the trailer. It is a replacement for my 2018 that did the same thing, after 3 months in the shop and more than 10 hours at the lake by my dealer, could still not figure out the problem. So, Kawasaki bought it back and gave me a 2019, it has the same problem. It bogs down at low speeds, shuts off constantly and the speedometer will read 11mph when I'm clearly doing 50+ mph. I have taken a GoPro video and sent to my dealer, they said they have never seen what mine is doing, I highly doubt that as i have found so many other people having the same issues. It has less than 10 hours on it and at the shop as we speak, at this point, just want my money back. Is there anyone out there that might have the same problem and had it fixed? I would like to tell my dealership someone fixed this problem, thanks for any help.

+1
    Kawasaki gave you a replacement 'Ski? Wow!

What kind of fuel are you running?

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=280082

welcome to my world ! spent 30k and they were defective out of the crate from day 1..... They sent me an ecu from pre 2018 ski and it really helped the 310x and made my 310r better but certainly something was still very wrong....

From what i've heard kawi is aware of this problem and supposedly has 5 units with this problem, i was unfortunate enough to have 2 of them, the techs in Cali are working on it, but so far the only possible fix i'm being told is a prior year ecu, which IMO is just a band-aid for a deeper rooted problem.

Given the severity of this, Kawi has a serious problem on their hands... How can the gurus at kawi NOT know whats wrong especially now that i'm hearing from Lance in this thread that they had this problem on 2018 skis...

This ski has basically been around in this iteration since 2011 with the introduction of the 300x.... Almost 9 years in production HOW COULD THEY NOT KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS !

I traded in a mint, low hr. 2015 310r and my wifes Yamaha. and now here we sit ski-less.. gorgeous weekend after gorgeous weekend waste away, 2 ski vacations cancelled.....
    Last edited by Chris288; 07-30-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Thread Information