Thread: injector pulses

injector pulses

2000 Genesis,1200 DI.
    is there a backyard way of checking wiring to individual injectors to see if EMM is firing injector ?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Put your hand on the injector. You may be able to feel each ‘click/tap’ pulse as it activates the solenoid piston inside.

At 600RPM idle each injector would be ‘tapping’ about 10 times per second

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Put your hand on the injector. You may be able to feel each ‘click/tap’ pulse as it activates the solenoid piston inside.

At 600RPM idle each injector would be ‘tapping’ about 10 times per second
    I have a unstable idle with engine idling on hose. centre cylinder injector plugged in or unplugged no difference in idle. here's another situation ..I have a DCV on white/red of 20v while cranking and upward of 70 75V while running, checked with digital multimeter and analog . also seen 69V on dash display

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by perry38 View Post
    ..I have a DCV on white/red of 20v while cranking and upward of 70 75V while running, checked with digital multimeter and analog .

also seen 69V on dash display
    The MFI dash voltage reading is for battery voltage on/from the 12 volt battery. A reading of 69 volts on the dash seems far outside the expected range. I would doubt the MFI could even resolve that, let alone not burn out, since the MFI itself is powered by the 12 volt battery circuit.

I would also be surprised that the charging circuit and the PWC battery would tolerate a 70 volt charge voltage. Something seems amiss. Do you have a proper powersports battery installed?

The MFI dash voltage reading is for battery voltage on/from the 12 volt battery. A reading of 69 volts on the dash seems far outside the expected range. I would doubt the MFI could even resolve that, let alone not burn out, since the MFI itself is powered by the 12 volt battery circuit.

I would also be surprised that the charging circuit and the PWC battery would tolerate a 70 volt charge voltage. Something seems amiss. Do you have a proper powersports battery installed?

I am new to these machines , magnet let go and took out stator. Ohms and volts from 12v and 45 volt segments are normal and no shorts to ground. cranking DCV Starts at 20V and shoots to 45V Then engine starts , runs like crap but Voltage on multimeter is fluctuating upwards to 60 and 70 . Voltage in left corner of display is 20 60 70 and fluctuating all over the place. Battery is a new Interstate power sport application .

+1
    Might be time to send your EMM to Lakeside Tech for a check-up.

Quote Originally Posted by HiPeRcO View Post
    Might be time to send your EMM to Lakeside Tech for a check-up.
    agree , but I want to rule out everything first. shipping and Canadian dollar makes this a tough decision for a 20 year old machine. have a question for you if you don't mind, on the plug for each injector there is a white /red and another colour individual wire. white/red 20 to 45 v while cranking to starting , so other wire is ground pulse from EMM? Can a multimeter be put in series to check if injector being pulsed?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by perry38 View Post
    ... cranking DCV Starts at 20V and shoots to 45V Then engine starts , runs like crap but Voltage on multimeter is fluctuating upwards to 60 and 70 .

Voltage in left corner of display is 20 60 70 and fluctuating all over the place.

Battery is a new Interstate power sport application .
    At the moment I would be suspecting a problem with the electrical wiring (especially the grounding), but it is possible that the EMM power board is causing all this.

What are you putting the multi-meter negative probe on when measuring the injector white/red wire voltages?
    Are you unplugging any connectors?

At the moment I would be suspecting a problem with the electrical wiring (especially the grounding), but it is possible that the EMM power board is causing all this.

What are you putting the multi-meter negative probe on when measuring the injector white/red wire voltages?
    Are you unplugging any connectors?
    no injectors unplugged , only been checking on Mag injector wiring ..I just ground lead to cylinder head bolt.

Thread Information