Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    Have you reinforced the fuel pressure regulator (FPR)? This is mandatory, not optional. Neglecting to do so will likely result in melted piston(s). At least it is fairly simple to do on a Genesis. See this thread for how-to details.

Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    Have you reinforced the fuel pressure regulator (FPR)? This is mandatory, not optional. Neglecting to do so will likely result in melted piston(s). At least it is fairly simple to do on a Genesis. See this thread for how-to details.
    I have read that thread but that repair may be above my pay grade.

What about the Genesis makes it simpler?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tenjuna View Post

Super easy to get to the fuel pump assembly, it's right out in the open on a Genesis.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tenjuna View Post
    I have read that thread but that repair may be above my pay grade.

On the Genesis i the fuel tank is directly accessible with the seat removed. On every other Ficht model the fuel tank is buried under the steering area. The fuel pump basically just lifts straight up and out from the fuel tank.

You have taken apart and reassembled a blue Fuji engine. *
    Reinforcing the Ficht fuel pump regulator is fairly straightforward. Just a different kind of work.

* Good to see you around again

Oh I’m that case maybe I will give it more of a serious look. Messing with the fuel system is not in my comfort zone but it’s worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    On the Genesis i the fuel tank is directly accessible with the seat removed. On every other Ficht model the fuel tank is buried under the steering area. The fuel pump basically just lifts straight up and out from the fuel tank.

You have taken apart and reassembled a blue Fuji engine. *
    Reinforcing the Ficht fuel pump regulator is fairly straightforward. Just a different kind of work.

* Good to see you around again
    Thank you, happy to be back. Been very busy with nursing school but I do like wrenching on these. Rebuilding a Fuji was hard too lol. I just don’t like messing with fuel systems but I will give it a look.

https://www.facebook.com/tenjuna/vid...869613656/?t=0

Checked compression all 3 at 95. No oil or nasty stuff in cylinders. Put in new sparkplugs. EMM was rebuilt and installed along with new battery. Started right up after not running for years. I love these old Polaris skis.
    Last edited by tenjuna; 09-21-2019 at 05:27 PM.

EDIT: Actually never mind I think I was imagining things. Brought it to the lake and it purrs like a kitten. Not bad for a free ski minus an EMM repair and some odds and ends

Start it up and it immediately races to really high RPM.

Is that a lean condition? In the video linked above I noticed during the first start it going waaaaay too high so cutr it off real fast. Tried twice more and same thing.

Not sure what to do at this point.
    Last edited by tenjuna; 09-21-2019 at 05:28 PM.

After the lake trials, I can use advice with a water leak. For the short amount of time it was in the water (wasn't even taken off the trailer for more than a few minutes, in fact), there sure was a lot of water in the hull. I will take any advice or guidance or wisdom on that. Through hull seal or bearing maybe? I couldn't find the source of the leak though. Yes, the drain plugs were installed

And here is the rest on my to-do list:

- Steering is tough - cable lube kit ordered

- Reverse controls don't work at all - I did find an odd looking part in a bag in the front bin that looks new. EDIT: it is indeed a new PERC motor, talk about luck these are hard to find lol and I have a suspicion it is a replacement PERC motor...will be looking into that. Otherwise I will have to find resources to help me figure that out.

- fix front trailer light (new light doesn't work go figure) - lights ordered

- finish seats (rear seat done, it looks awful but that's what I get for going cheap...may be buying custom fit covers)

- outer rubber band sealed (nice diagonal slice, it looks like it hit an edge hard...I have some black sealant for it to fix it right up)

- fuel pressure regulator fix (have seen previous instructions and I am doing this last)

Last edited by tenjuna; 09-21-2019 at 05:47 PM.

BTW, here is a video of starting it on the lake in case anyone wants to see it:

https://www.facebook.com/tenjuna/vid...196443656/?t=0

I don't actually know if I am selling it or not, I keep going back and forth.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information