Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Not sure if I previously mentioned this thread, but a few years ago I did a lot of work with a 1999 Genesis FFI.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2781711

Mostly the same as your 2003 Genesis i.

For the Ficht fuel hoses I routed them differently from factory as I wanted to keep the area in front of the engine more accessible.
    Meh I have already done them and I would have to buy more hose to do it like that. The hose wasn't cheap so I think I will leave well enough alone.

In an interesting turn of events, I bought one brand new TPS, and for some reason the guy sent me a half dozen of them

New TPS installed, and now it runs like a champ. So close to the end now. Just a few minor things to wrap up and its go time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tenjuna View Post
    Meh I have already done them and I would have to buy more hose to do it like that. The hose wasn't cheap so I think I will leave well enough alone.

In an interesting turn of events, I bought one brand new TPS, and for some reason the guy sent me a half dozen of them
    So what I’m hearing is that you have spare TPS’s for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingee View Post
    So what Iím hearing is that you have spare TPSís for sale.
    Lol no sorry too late. The only one I have left is cracked and I think I will just keep that for a spare.

I got all of the little things done tonight. The only thing left to do is put the reverse motor back in and I can put it in the water for some tests this weekend.

Question: for the gouges on the bottom of the hull, can I just slap some 3m 4200 or 5200 in them and call it done? Fiberglass and gel coating is far beyond me and I am not particularly interested in learning, at least not without a workshop or garage to use. I do not think there are any holes but I wouldn't mind slapping some sealant in there just in case. Thoughts?
    Last edited by tenjuna; 06-03-2020 at 08:56 PM.

+1
    I don't get too concerned with the cosmetics of the hull bottom. Most of the used units I acquire have the bottom side pretty dinged up.

Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    I don't get too concerned with the cosmetics of the hull bottom. Most of the used units I acquire have the bottom side pretty dinged up.
    No no not concerned about cosmetics, I’m still chasing a leak and am wanting to take those out of the equation.

+1
    With the trailer tongue level, fill the inside of the hull a couple of inches with the garden hose. Check the outside for the leak. You can raise the trailer tongue to increase the level in the stern and lower it to increase the level in the bow.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    ... Iím still chasing a leak and am wanting to take those out of the equation.
    The Genesis hull has an inner liner that covers almost the entire bottom of the hull interior. If there is a leak putting water between the inner and outer layer, that is a problem.

Is the water leaking directly into the hull interior, where you can see it? If yes, the water is probably not coming through the (deeply scratched) hull bottom surface, but perhaps at a fitting or other hull penetration.

Thank you both, I didn’t even think about putting water inside the hull, great idea.

I still have to take it out to the lake to do a leak test though to test all the through hull seals. Either way I’ll figure it out.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    ... putting water inside the hull ...
    Be careful doing that with the Genesis. Again, the double layer hull is unusual. Most Polaris models do not have an inner liner. On models without an inner liner, putting water inside is a straightforward way of finding leaks.

On the Genesis, you do not want to end up with water in between the inner hull liner and the actual outer hull. If you get water in between it can be very difficult to get it out. So be careful about flooding the hull interior with a Genesis.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread Information