+1

Question I NEED HELP with my 1994 Slt 750

I recently bought a semi-running 1994 SLT for 300$. it will run for about thirty seconds in water then die. thinking it could just need a carb clean. any help would be appreciated, i just wanna know if it’s anything serious or how to fix.

+1
    also, any help on how to completely replace the display on these would be appreciated as well.

+1
    Welcome to GH!
    Great first ski! Was mine also.

I can't stress enough the need for you to fix/update it before you use it. Fastest way to kill the engine is to try and get an old, neglected machine running and then "giver the beans".

You really need to clean/rebuild the carbs. You also need to remove the stock fuel pump and auto-cock. Replace both with a single, round Mikuni 3-outlet fuel pump ($25 on ebay). You will need to replumb the fuel lines from the 3-outlet pump with individual feed lines to each carb (can leave daisy-chained return line). There will be an extra port you just block off that went to the auto-cock (unneeded, Polaris ditched them after '94).

Also, inspect your oil lines. The Polaris oil pumps are solid.. it's the lines that can get brittle/crack/fail. Also inspect your fuel lines... if you have the grey "Tempo" fuel lines... best to replace them. (Don't loose tiny brass restrictor INSIDE) the return fuel line.. you need it there).

As for the display (MFD)... the roundy ones are hard to fix... should you be brave enough to cut it open. Fix usually only help ones with faded digits? If yours is total dead... check the tiny 1/4amp fuse in the electrical box.

Also... don't forget to always keep the plastic battery cover between battery and electrical box (strapped atop battery). If battery positive shorts to the metal e-box... it will cook the wires to your stator.

Be sure to study all the info here (ignore adult warnings): http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl.com/

Cheers!

+1
    thanks so much!

Thread Information