Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    I ALWAYS use anti seize and ALWAYS torque to spec and have not had a plug stick once. I will keep doing what I do because it has worked for me.
    I have only broken 2 or heard of a few broken plugs - always on motors where no anti seize and crush washer I don't need no torque wrench guys work and also seems to be more frequent on super charged skis.
    A guy like Warren (Sirbreaksstuff) that I know has a ton of experience on Kawasaki's is in a class of his own. I could never tell him what to do as I'm the one who'd be doing the asking. But for me this is what I do. The issue here is dissimilar metals and galling. The anti seize protects against this issue. Just none on the electrode or resistor. It does not take much on the threads.
    One thing that is often not mentioned is the importance of water proof grease on the plug boot where it seals at the top so moisture is blocked at the top of the plug hole on the valve cover.
    Your valves may need adjusting as folks have said. I do not like the Riva air filter method as I like my filter in the hull vs. the tub under the seat. I have removed my secondary water box and have a filter hooked direct to the throttle body. (Spectrum brand) I would adjust the valves sooner rather than later myself. I ignored one, the keeper broke and it dropped the valve. That sucked.

Peter I see you say no anti seize. That is fine if it works for you. It has not in my experience.

2. +1 by:

Thanks, rlovebk. Maybe I will leave the bucket out and just run the air filter that way for a bit.

I will probably take it into the dealer and have them look it over before we go on vacation. I don't want anything to happen to it and don't feel like messing with it myself.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1

My intake set-up. The seat bucket still fits and is normally in place.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0445_zps3pranbaf.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	451154  
    Last edited by rlovebk; 07-19-2019 at 02:24 PM.

So I put a new battery in it and it still does the same thing. Turns over good, stops, turns over good, stops. Eventually it will turn over perfect and fire up. Any ideas?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Sounds like classic wear ring warpage syndrome

Spray some wd40 in there and see if there is any change in cranking performance

Pull the pump to check actual issue

I had it out on the water Saturday and it performed normal after the initial start. Iím going to make an appointment this week and have it checked over since we are taking it on vacation with us in a couple of weeks.

+1
    Hope you get back in time for your vacation!

+1
    So with 110 hrs on it and the pump had never been apart to be checked?. You know it only takes about 20min or so to pull a pump on these things with basic hand tools. The only special tool you need is the impeller tool which is 15 bucks and only takes a couple days to get from an ebay order.

Quote Originally Posted by TJS0712F View Post
    So with 110 hrs on it and the pump had never been apart to be checked?. You know it only takes about 20min or so to pull a pump on these things with basic hand tools. The only special tool you need is the impeller tool which is 15 bucks and only takes a couple days to get from an ebay order.
    No, it hasn't been as far as I know. I asked the dealer to perform whatever maintenance was needed last fall when it was winterized and I even asked about the pump. Since it wasn't at 100 hours yet they didn't think it needed to be checked yet and told me to wait until this fall when it's winterized.

I will order the tool so I have it though and start doing my own maintenance. I don't have the time to do anything right now though as we leave for South Carolina next Tuesday, and then the Lake of the Ozarks shortly after we get back.

I have also read through numerous other threads that suggest a possible starter, starter solenoid, or cable issue. I checked all the connections at the starter and solenoid and all are clean and tight. It's just strange it started acting up after sitting for a couple of weeks and after the initial start on Saturday it had absolutely no issues. Still getting max RPM/MPH, and there are no abnormal noises or vibrations either.

I appreciate all the insight and help though.

Bumping this back up. I havenít ridden the ski since last time I posted and wanted to see how it sounded before riding it on vacation. I took this video yesterday. Thoughts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information